Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Long Till Escitalopram Works

How Long Till Escitalopram Works

Im a beginner on this website but do look at it all the time for support. Is it normal for escitalopram to take longer than 8 weeks to get full benefits, im starting to think they are never going to work and getting so worried and fearful, started to feel a bit better then seem to be feeling really bad again - please help

Re: How Long Till Escitalopram Works

Hello and welcome to NMP , lots of help advice and understanding members here ,have a look in the forum , im sure a member will have advice on your medication , you take care , Dusky x

Hi Shrimp,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and will give their support. I would call your GP regarding your meds. Glad you found us, you are not alone!

Take care,

Laura

hi hunny
    reading your post was like my husband had wrote it. He has been on citroplam for about 8 weeks now he is only on 10mg. He was fine last week nearly back to his normal self and then out of the blue he has hit rock bottom again. He has even taken a valium tonight as he felt so bad. I come on this site all the time for him, he is not very good on the comp. Just by reading your thread out to him he felt like he wasnt on his own.
    Just let me tell you i have suffered panic attacks and anxiety for 10 years, so i am very understanding and i do sympafize with him god that spelling was awful LOL. I have mine well under control now so there is light at the end of the tunnel. Try to think possitive , i know its easier said than done, i always tell george to try and think of something that he has to look forward to, even if its just a good film on tele, cause i know thinking of holidays terrifies him or going out so something small.
    I know how bad you feel but you will soon start to feel better, hang in there and you know you have all the support you need from this site, It helps me help my husband and stops me from feeling panicy.
    good luck hun and look to the future x x x x x

Hi Shrimp

Welcome to the site you will get some good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

dear syers 38 - thank you so much for replying. I took took a diazepam yesterday and visited the doctor yet again!! i did feel much calmer after taking that tablet but obviously dont want to make a habit of it. Im sure the whole sleep deprivation thing doesnt help, i know the escitalopram does mess your sleep up for a while and hopefully once you can get a good nights sleep that probably helps a bit. I really sympathise with George, its such an awful feeling, so lonely and helpless. I suppose I know I will get better as ive been on these tablets before (twice) but have always been in too much of a hurry to come off of them - not this time though - it seems they take longer to kick in each time you take them. Ive taken my kids to school and have spent the last half an hour trying to decide whether to walk the dog - how stupid is that - not exactly a big deal is it - but for me today it is. Anyway please tell you husband im thinking of him and its always makes you feel a little less scared when you know someone else has had the same experience. Lets keep in touch - Shrimp xxx

Hi Hun
    Been thinking about you today, George had another bad night no sleep at all, he says its mostly the dizzyness and headaches now just not feeling in the real world. He has had a couple of hrs this am though. I think with George whats started him off was going back to work. He started bac monday well was supposed to but got rained off so he was home for 10 but in a terrible state. He said he wasnt worried about work but subconsiuosly he was (bad spelling again). Today he has been listening to dr claire weekes "self help for your nerves" I bought from ebay. I dont know whether you have heard of her but she is fantastic. Maybe it could help you, look her up. George said she has really helped him and made him feel more relaxed and not alone.
    When you said you have been on tablets before you obviously have been like this for a while with your anxiety. Do you know what starts you off ? They reckon it is something deep routed but im not a great believer in that. Its mad isnt it, can you believe you can feel so bad with anxiety and your body do the most horrible feelings ever just through your mind YUK eh life stinks.
    Well you know you are not alone and keep me informed how you are getting on, try claire weekes she may help.
    Talk soon
    Jan xxx

Quote Originally Posted by shrimp View Post
    Im a beginner on this website but do look at it all the time for support. Is it normal for escitalopram to take longer than 8 weeks to get full benefits, im starting to think they are never going to work and getting so worried and fearful, started to feel a bit better then seem to be feeling really bad again - please help
    Hi there

I'm not sure if I am replying in the correct place but I am on cipralex too & have been for 4 weeks. The first 2 were awful, then the next one I got through & last week a biit better, but had an awful day yesterday & today hasn't started too good. I'm in my 5th week and wondering the same as you - how long before they work??

I can't offer you any answers but I can offer you support in the sometimes lonely struggle with anxiety

Phoebe1

Quote Originally Posted by syers38 View Post
    hi hunny
    reading your post was like my husband had wrote it. He has been on citroplam for about 8 weeks now he is only on 10mg. He was fine last week nearly back to his normal self and then out of the blue he has hit rock bottom again. He has even taken a valium tonight as he felt so bad. I come on this site all the time for him, he is not very good on the comp. Just by reading your thread out to him he felt like he wasnt on his own.
    Just let me tell you i have suffered panic attacks and anxiety for 10 years, so i am very understanding and i do sympafize with him god that spelling was awful LOL. I have mine well under control now so there is light at the end of the tunnel. Try to think possitive , i know its easier said than done, i always tell george to try and think of something that he has to look forward to, even if its just a good film on tele, cause i know thinking of holidays terrifies him or going out so something small.
    I know how bad you feel but you will soon start to feel better, hang in there and you know you have all the support you need from this site, It helps me help my husband and stops me from feeling panicy.
    good luck hun and look to the future x x x x x
    Hi there

I read your post after reading Shrimp's. I've been on 10mg of cipralex for 4 weeks and am wondering is they will ever work and if the dose is high enough. I felt good last week and feel terrible again today (and yesterday). I'm so disappointed as I really thought I was through it. Can I ask how you got yours under control. I'm desperate to find a way to get over them

Phoebe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information