Thread: strange feelings in head

strange feelings in head

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help or if anyone else experiences this. I sometimes get a strange feeling in my head which feels like the muscles in my head are moving. It is really hard to explain and you all probably think I am mad, but it really freaks me out.

I do carry alot of tension on my shoulders and my neck is constantly stiff and tender. Could it be just tension and the muscles are relaxing or whatever.

Please, please can someone help.

PS I have seen my doctor and he couldnt explain what it is.

A very long time ago I had those feelings and after seeing a few doctors one described to me that your head is made of muscles to and when they are all tensed up they throb. It was just a weird acky feeling and sometimes just plan heavy. If you try tensing your jaw you can actually feel some of these muscles and this also creates them by you tensing your jaw.

I hope these go away for you!
    Trina

Trina

Panic140671

Usually when im in an attack i get really light headed, as though im gonna faint. Is that simular to whats happening to ya?

Jade

Thanks for the replies. It feels like my head is twisting inside. I dont feel lightheaded or dizzy, just these strange sensations.

An Indian head massage/ normal massage are a fabulous way of alieviating these odd pains.

If you've been coming off SSRI's then all sorts of odd head zaps are possible and will pass

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

I used to get all kinds of head pains when I first developed horrible anxiety. Some to impossible to describe. I could describe a pain and the neurologist would just sit there. Never heard a, I hear that alot or I know what your talking about. I eventually beat my bad headaches for while but in doing so any time I had a weird sensation I had just say 'oh well' and ignore it. It wasn't easy but it helped to keep them from getting worse.

Hi thanks for your replies.

With regards to the strange feelings in my head, I am now having problems with my eyes. When I am tense and nervous about something, along with the normal feelings, my eyes really hurt and I have to shut them to stop them hurting. Does anyone know what this could be as I am so frightened about it. It doesnt happen all the time, just when I am really tense and anxious. Please help.

Hiya Panic

Im getting exactly the same at the moment and im putting it down to panic. I dont have to shut my eyes to stop it, but they hurt when I look too far to one side or up and down. Im more stressed than usual at the mo anyway so i think it must be that. Oh and ive changed my sleeping pattern so it might be that!

love Sarah
    xx

Hiya Panic,

I think you have answered your own question! Quote "it doesn't happen all the time, just when I am really tense and anxious".

Myself, I find that when really tense I tend to blink a lot, probably in an attempt to focus properly. Could it be possible that this is what you do?

I find that this really hurts my eyes too and can then lead to headache behind the eyes also.

Try not to be scared by it, I would think this is all anxiety related.

Kate x

Thread Information