Thread: Constant Yawning Urge !!! HELP on Cipralex and dont understand why its happenig ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs down Constant Yawning Urge !!! HELP on Cipralex and dont understand why its happenig ?

For the past 3 months ive been feeling fantastic. Im on Cipralex and thev'e been a life saver. Ive felt calm relaxed and happy , then out the blue i get a constant urge to yawn and to get a good deep breath. I cant understand why because ive been feeling great.

However i have got a lot on at the moment ( starting up my own business) and my husband having to go away for a while with work leaving me on my own .

So is this normal???? Should i up my meds from 10mg to 15mg . I feel a faliure because i thought i'd got through this and its all come back to haunt me . Or is it just a glip.?

I dont see a therapist anymore as i was doing so well. Any advice PLEASE

Soggypops

love to all

Re: Constant Yawning Urge !!! HELP on Cipralex and dont understand why its happenig ?

Hi Soggypops!

Yup the yawing thing is all to do with the anxiety! like a constant need to get air into your lungs. I get it alot too but try not to let it bother me anymore by realising it's just another symptom. Don't worry about it hun as it will go away!!

Take care and i hope this helps

Lisa
    xxx

Re: Constant Yawning Urge !!! HELP on Cipralex and dont understand why its happenig ?

Hey

I was on cipralex for 4/5 years-i'm just coming off them in fact-but I was constantly tired, yawning all day long and felt that I never go enough sleep. Apparently it can be a side effect

Lou xxx

Hi Lisa

Its so hard to not think about your breathing , my chest hurts and im hyperventilating because i feel dizzy. I feel that not enough air is in my lungs.

I thought being on Cipralex and feeling great up now , my anxiety symptoms were over and life could start again. How wrong was i ???

Im going to ask Dr to up my dose to 15 or 20mg on wednesday and maybe a little diazipan untill i feel better.
    This yawning thing is driving me mad too. The more i try to not yawn the worse it gets.

Soggypops
    xxxx

That was one of the side effects I had when taking Cipralex, although I found the yawning quite relaxing so it didnt really bother me.

Hi,

I'm not on any medication and as long as I have had anxiety I've had the yawning thing- "air hunger" I think I remember someone calling it. It used to be that my wife (acutally I'm doing it now) would tell me to close my mouth but I do it so often now she doesn't.

Its nothing to worry about.

All the best

Nechtan

Hello,

Many years ago I was on Zoloft and that was one of the side affects of the med.

D

Thread Information