Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Advertising on NMP

Re: Advertising on NMP

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post

Aye That's made my day Cheers

Has any one seen the ad for coach travel around 90 uk destinations? low fares etc thought I would have look 2 things don't seem right with it, you cant choose a date other than July 2017 it might even be June. The other thing I noticed while you can choose from a drop down list your departure town/city you cant choose your destination from the second drop down list you have to go to Silverstone?? I know it's not NMP's problem but has any one else noticed these 2 problems or is it just me? Take a look for your selves Cheers

Quick update from me:

My laptop has gone kapputski so I'm on an old one from about 8 years ago. It's dead slow with IE so added Firefox. It was still slow but when I installed AdBlocker off their extensions site it has speeded up, and obviously the ads are gone so the forum looks like before.

The real pain is with my Android phone (3.5 inch screen). Due to the page resizes it means I have wait until all the ads appear or I can click on one thread and end up in another. It also slows my phone down loads. But in Settings>Site Settings>JavaScript, you can disable JavaScript. Doing this reverted the forum back to how it was before, the click errors were gone and the speed returned back to before.

The only trouble with Android is that disables JavaScript on the device, rather than the site. This is a problem as most sites use it thesedays, especially for menus or options or shopping carts, etc. But there is an exceptions list you can buid up so that it doesn't disable JavaScipt on those.

I work around it by turning it off only when I'm on the forum.

Turning off JavaScript does mean the forum changes slightly. The buttons, like when posting an image, will no longer pop up. Also, tabs won't be tabbed anymore so the page may be a bit deeper to fit them on. It's quite easy this way, it's only ever a problem if you need to use the text formatting or inserting options as you have to add the [] bits yourself but I just turn it back on for those jobs.

Remember, you have to refesh your browser in between making these changes or the current page won't update. The next page you go on will. If you click back onto a board, the ads will still be gone though as it refreshes that bit on a back click.

I have noticed the ads are now some what smaller which is great and not in ya face and scrolling is easier now, it doesn't drag any more Cheers

The problem with these types of advertisements is they are not controlled, or monitored, by No More Panic. They are served by "AdChoices". A large percentage of the adverts are targeted spam selling junk products that do not work. Nobody vets these products at AdChoices.

I don't mind them personally. I use "AdChoices" on my own websites. People should remain cautious when clicking them though.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

You sort of get used to them after a while LOL and it generates much need money to help NMP keep going. One would think there is a regulatory body to check the authenticity on them though What I want to know is why do some of them have a blue x on them and some don't ( I do know what the x's are for though ) Cheers
    Last edited by Bigboyuk; 05-06-17 at 11:14.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread Information