Thread: What to do with depression and mood swings

Unhappy What to do with depression and mood swings

I am University student currently and have a severe, diagnosed form of panic disorder and OCD type O. I have posted on here before because of severe anxiety, but nearly a year it has subsided. I am currently in the end of my spring semester of this academic year and I am losing it. My parents and I do not see eye to eye, I am basically living with a friend at school because I can not take living with my verbally abusive father. I am also out of a job and stressed to the max. Recently my anxiety has taken on full force and I can't see straight. I feel like I am in a constant haze and I am chronically depressed and anxious on top of that. It's like I am fighting an internal with myself constantly. And the worst part of it all is that now I am developing like rapid mood swings and am starting to lash out at friends and family. My anxiety is controlling my life again and I don't know what to do.....

Any advice ya'll? I need to know I am not alone... :(

Re: What to do with depression and mood swings

You are not alone. I too am in the states. Have you talked to your doctor about what type of treatments that are available for you panic and OCD? You joined this forum in 2015? You must stop feeding the anxiety and seek help. We can support you here, however, you should talk to a counselor or a doctor to get help professionally.

Re: What to do with depression and mood swings

Mood swings, or rapid changes in one's emotional state, may occur as a reaction to circumstances or environment, as a result of a physical or mental health condition, or for no apparent reason. Conditions associated with mood disturbances, such as bipolar and depression, can have a debilitating effect, and therapy can often help individuals who are coping with mood swings. Because mood swings occur as a symptom of an underlying condition and are not a diagnosable condition, a mental health professional will help the person in therapy explore any potential causes.

A therapist can often help a person identify whether mood swings occur as the result of a mental health condition or as a symptom of some other type of concern. Whether mood swings occur as a result of some type of mental or emotional distress or are particular to a certain situation, therapy can often assist in the process of identifying the causes of highs and lows as well as situations that may cause one’s mood to fluctuate. Therapy can also help people develop coping strategies to deal with stressors as they arise. In therapy, one might also be able to learn to become better able to focus on the present moment with a general goal of learning how to constructively manage moods and maintain a healthy emotional balance.

Thread Information