Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not getting a certain amount of replies?

Re: Not getting a certain amount of replies?

Yes trying to get mental heath conditions sorted can take a very long time months even well it is a strapped NHS after all Iam currently waiting now for therapy had a letter confirming iam in the Q but nothing more its a waiting game now!! Cheers

Thanks for your reply ISB. Actually, I never heard of HA until I joined this thread. I eat right, try to exercise and keep my regular check ups with my doctor. I wish I could comfort these people and encourage them to trust their physicians. I agree we can only offer support.

Quote Originally Posted by I still Believe View Post
    There are, and have been in the past, members with medical backgrounds but they are here as anxiety sufferes too not as practitioners. Also...and with the greatest respect, how do we know people are who they say they are?
    Very true. For instance, how do you know I'm not sitting here typing this wearing my naughty nurse's outfit?

Note to self: Shave legs first next time, these stocking aren't half pulling...
    Last edited by venusbluejeans; 07-04-17 at 21:40. Reason: inappropriate smiley

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Very true. For instance, how do you know I'm not sitting here typing this wearing my naughty nurse's outfit?

Note to self: Shave legs first next time, these stocking aren't half pulling...
    Ha ha Terry I am getting worried about you lmfao but each to their own On another note when new members introduce them selves (regardless of their condition) only 1 or 2 replies are there always one from Venus think more members should be forth coming on this section of the forum as it's always nice to be welcomed to a new group/forum Cheers
    Last edited by venusbluejeans; 07-04-17 at 21:40.

Not getting a certain amount of replies?

I've noticed that about this board too... it seems like it can be very slow. feels a bit lonely as I currently have no job and no one to talk to during the day

Quote Originally Posted by Citydeer View Post
    I've noticed that about this board too... it seems like it can be very slow. feels a bit lonely as I currently have no job and no one to talk to during the day
    Yes so imagine when a new member signs up and introduces them selves to the forum it doesnt matter what condition they have, more members should make them welcome Cheers

Not getting a certain amount of replies?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Yes so imagine when a new member signs up and introduces them selves to the forum it doesnt matter what condition they have, more members should make them welcome Cheers

Ha ha yeah I think I only got one reply when I joined a couple of months ago. It didn't bother me but I do think it's a nice idea that we all try harder to welcome new people, but also to reply more in the sub forums.
    Last edited by Citydeer; 20-04-17 at 18:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Citydeer View Post
    Ha ha yeah I think I only got one reply when I joined a couple of months ago. It didn't bother me but I do think it's a nice idea that we all try harder to welcome new people, but also to reply more in the sub forums.
    That's not good really but to some new members (we are all different) it could affect them quite badly I guess! Yes I think you are right on that and it doesn't matter how down you might be it actually is a welcome distraction Cheers

Quick update from me:

My laptop has gone kapputski so I'm on an old one from about 8 years ago. It's dead slow with IE so added Firefox. It was still slow but when I installed AdBlocker off their extensions site it has speeded up, and obviously the ads are gone so the forum looks like before.

The real pain is with my Android phone (3.5 inch screen). Due to the page resizes it means I have wait until all the ads appear or I can click on one thread and end up in another. It also slows my phone down loads. But in Settings>Site Settings>JavaScript, you can disable JavaScript. Doing this reverted the forum back to how it was before, the click errors were gone and the speed returned back to before.

The only trouble with Android is that disables JavaScript on the device, rather than the site. This is a problem as most sites use it thesedays, especially for menus or options or shopping carts, etc. But there is an exceptions list you can buid up so that it doesn't disable JavaScipt on those.

I work around it by turning it off only when I'm on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Quick update from me:

My laptop has gone kapputski so I'm on an old one from about 8 years ago. It's dead slow with IE so added Firefox. It was still slow but when I installed AdBlocker off their extensions site it has speeded up, and obviously the ads are gone so the forum looks like before.

The real pain is with my Android phone (3.5 inch screen). Due to the page resizes it means I have wait until all the ads appear or I can click on one thread and end up in another. It also slows my phone down loads. But in Settings>Site Settings>JavaScript, you can disable JavaScript. Doing this reverted the forum back to how it was before, the click errors were gone and the speed returned back to before.

The only trouble with Android is that disables JavaScript on the device, rather than the site. This is a problem as most sites use it thesedays, especially for menus or options or shopping carts, etc. But there is an exceptions list you can buid up so that it doesn't disable JavaScipt on those.

I work around it by turning it off only when I'm on the forum.
    Terry I am scratching my head, gone back to page one and for the life of me what seems like a technical problem is actually a problem posting replies Ha ha when I read it I thought this is in the wrong place. There may be other ways to speed it up somewhat, like increase the size of the ram, install Google Chrome browser, Is it on Windows? If it is check for latest updates And Mobile Phone browsing forums and other sites is just a pain don't like it and never will do! Cheers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information