Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recovery doesn't happen magically over night but we're getting there!

Recovery doesn't happen magically over night but we're getting there!

This is so important and think important for others around you to also realise that you can't just recover all at once it takes time but we're on the right steps to recovery! Just because we have done our hair and makeup doesn't mean we're "fine" now and life can just go back to normal... self care is so important in the little steps to our recovery and making sure we do what is best for our health and no one else. It's okay to have bad days I myself need to be less hard on myself and realise I am doing great and wanting to get better! I think still in 2017 mental health is so over looked and people still give you the stigma attach to it. I've had my fair share since being so open about my own MH & struggles. These people won't define me as a person and I will still carry on fighting and also raising awareness for others so they can feel comfortable sharing their own issues & experiences. I have a long way to go and today as been a big set back but thank god for my fiancé, family & friends who keep me on the right track ☁️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Recovery doesn't happen magically over night but we're getting there!

Thank you! We need the reminder sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheKing View Post
    Thank you! We need the reminder sometimes.

No problem! Always like to spread the love & I care for us all

That's exactly what my therapist told me "it's all about micro goals". They are cumulative and you find you jump forward at times. It's all rebuilding our self confidence, self worth, self esteem, etc and not just solely approaching something we fear.

At the start we just want the pain to go away so attach unhealthy targets. Later you realise this is more anxious driven thinking, another one of it's traps. It only matters that you are moving forward, speed is less relevant as it's better to lose a little time more to regain all those future years.

Keep going. I agree with you that despite all the awareness, we're still nowhere near the acceptance seen in many physical issues. The medical community are still catching up. A worldwide network through technology will help us though, the international nature of this forum has always been a big positive to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    That's exactly what my therapist told me "it's all about micro goals". They are cumulative and you find you jump forward at times. It's all rebuilding our self confidence, self worth, self esteem, etc and not just solely approaching something we fear.

At the start we just want the pain to go away so attach unhealthy targets. Later you realise this is more anxious driven thinking, another one of it's traps. It only matters that you are moving forward, speed is less relevant as it's better to lose a little time more to regain all those future years.

Keep going. I agree with you that despite all the awareness, we're still nowhere near the acceptance seen in many physical issues. The medical community are still catching up. A worldwide network through technology will help us though, the international nature of this forum has always been a big positive to me.

I agree with you. Even myself as pushed myself too far and fallen back down again and that's because I've been trying to speed up my recovery get back to my 'normal' self and also trying to please others family & work that I'm fine and coping but really I've just found the whole recovery very daunting and too fast and I felt time and everyone around me was moving so fast but yet I still feel like I was stood still. I guess that is what anxiety and depression does to us. Makes us feel like we have froze and are terrified.

I've not taught myself I need to be more kind to myself go slow in my recovery as I am getting better it's just taking time! It's just sad others can't see that it is an illness and we are all trying our hardest to get there because no one wants to be so down and scared of living.

We all have a job to do and that's to support one another and carry on speaking out and raising awareness! Just so glad I found this forum to be help to speak freely on!

So True it's deffo about baby steps and as the saying goes 'Rome wasn't Built in day' Yes one may have a set back or two, get up, dust your self down and get back on the road to recovery It's like at my Peer Support Group I go to the coordinator always gets everyone to set a goal for the following week mine was really small but in the next week end I showed the group what I had achieved and the level of support from the other members was very good. So yes set goals but don't overwhelm your self other wise you will stumble which is only another set back on the long road Thanks for sharing Cheers

So true! I think the set backs can really hurt you but I'm trying to see it a positive that I'm learning about myself and what I can do and what I need to slow down at! Yeah that's an amazing idea about setting goals! What kind of things do you set? May have to try that myself! I'm having an hard time myself at moment just with work and been off and they're not been really understanding this time which makes all this so much harder!

Quote Originally Posted by emsjayne111 View Post
    So true! I think the set backs can really hurt you but I'm trying to see it a positive that I'm learning about myself and what I can do and what I need to slow down at! Yeah that's an amazing idea about setting goals! What kind of things do you set? May have to try that myself! I'm having an hard time myself at moment just with work and been off and they're not been really understanding this time which makes all this so much harder!

That's how I learned to look at the blips. Lessons learned experiences, they start hurt less as time goes by. It's acceptance, isn't it? It was always something I used in business when convincing management stakeholders that customer complaints are a natural process in the improvement business. No negatives, only lessons learned. Something to look at to see where you could do better.

I think my medication helped me a lot. I did suffer with side effects for 20 days and stopped taking it. I am more calm now. It's like the medication slowed down my brain and taught me that I can life life calmly. I can push out intrusive thoughts away. I really don't want to go back to medication. I was only on 25mg of Zoloft. Being super, super sensitive to medication the doctor thinks they reset the circuits in my brain. Who knows, I think this forum is great to chat with people that understand anxiety. It's true we must take small steps and not get over whelmed.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    That's how I learned to look at the blips. Lessons learned experiences, they start hurt less as time goes by. It's acceptance, isn't it? It was always something I used in business when convincing management stakeholders that customer complaints are a natural process in the improvement business. No negatives, only lessons learned. Something to look at to see where you could do better.

Yeah I fully agree with that! I think we're so quick to give ourselves an hard time when we do have little blips in life but not quick to give ourselves praise when it's needed!

---------- Post added at 14:30 ---------- Previous post was at 14:27 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by snowghost57 View Post
    I think my medication helped me a lot. I did suffer with side effects for 20 days and stopped taking it. I am more calm now. It's like the medication slowed down my brain and taught me that I can life life calmly. I can push out intrusive thoughts away. I really don't want to go back to medication. I was only on 25mg of Zoloft. Being super, super sensitive to medication the doctor thinks they reset the circuits in my brain. Who knows, I think this forum is great to chat with people that understand anxiety. It's true we must take small steps and not get over whelmed.

Yeah I don't care what anyone says over medication. I've just been put on fluxotine it's only 20mg but I feel a lot more happier and calmer than I did in the Zoloft but like you say everyone works differently! Think the Zoloft wasn't right for me though! It's amazing on here this forum feel I've met some great people

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information