Thread: Heart related chest pain??

Heart related chest pain??

Can someone please describe to me what chest pain feels like when its due to your heart. For some time now i have been experiencing chest pains. Most sharp and short lived, some dull and lasting a while. All usually on the left side (where the heart is) I am pretty scared theres something wrong with my heart and im only 22. It's consuming most of my thoughts every day and i cant do anything about it because i have no health insurance. Though 2 years ago i had an echocardiagram done and it all came out ok. Please any help would be appreciated

Re: Heart related chest pain??

Chest pain related to the heart is central, behind the breast bone, radiating upwards to chin and left side of the chest and maybe down the left arm. It is usually severe, a bit like cramp. At 22, it is pretty unlikely there is anything wrong with your heart, it is far more likely to be muscular. The echo you had done two years ago would have shown up any problem you were born with, so unless you are very overweight, smoke are very unfit in any way, you probably don't have a problem.

Re: Heart related chest pain??

I had a heart attack 6 months ago and the pain was in the middle of the chest and not over the heart and my right arm was aching so it is not like you are describing at all.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information