Thread: Has anyone ? Where do I go from here? numbness,tingling,burning

Has anyone ? Where do I go from here? numbness,tingling,burning

Hi all hope you all are doin okay, I' m not right now. I have health anxiety and I am obsessing about stroke/brain just now. Three symptoms have me terrified and although I know I havent had a full stroke I wonder if it is a lead up to having one and I basically just sit terrified waiting on it happening :( Of course I have googled every symptom, stroke is always on list.
    Symptoms include tingling of gums, numbness of cheek, and burning sensation on back of head neck area, can this really all be panic, right now I cannot believe it can and I feel so helpless and desperate with out of hours phone calls etc, I feel like I am going to have to ask to be hospitalised which wouldnt do be no good mentally either. Can anyone relate? Thank you for reading. Take care. Be safe

Re: Has anyone ? Where do I go from here? numbness,tingling,burning

Re-read the symptoms page on the left and you will see they are all anxiety symptoms too.

That may reassure you.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks Nicola I will. x

hi Nicola,

I have suffered from numbness and tingling in my face and yes it is most likely to be anxiety related. I have had a numb feeling on the left side of my face above my lip and spreading up my nose for a long time, on and off, every time I get anxious. ( i can go 6 months without noticing it, but if I have a panic attack it comes on) If i forget about it, it goes. I have mentioned it to Gps over the years and the have never been concerned it was anything else. Try good old distraction when you feel it and try and remember that panic is just a series of 'symptoms' that cannot hurt you. That really helped me when I was in the middle of an attack.

Chrissi

Tingling etc is very much a part of anxiety. I know myself and others have had this frequently on and off for years and it isn't harmful, its just due to poor breathing and muscle tension mostly. And of course you can conjure up aches/pains/sensations just by expecting them! Last week on a particularly stressful say my left hand (why only my left..who knows) tingled randomly on/off for hours. Had the face thing too from time to time.

I did actually have a mini-stroke - a transient ischemic attack - when I was 14 and in bad shape anyway due to an eating disorder. Naturally, this made me anxious whenever I experienced tingling later. But there was a huge difference between that and my anxiety symptoms..as in chalk and cheese. The anxiety feelings can get/have gotten pretty bad and worrying, but during my TIA it was just stratospherically different, so much so that I never worry now that tingling will develop into another one. I won't go into it in depth but its sort of like the difference between a routine stomach ache and appendicitis.

Try not to worry too much, easier said than done I know.

Thank you, very much appreciated, thank you for sharing. take care x

Hi, ive also had tingling and numbness of the face this week, its definately due to anxiety, ive also had a tension headache for over a month now aswell. I know its easier said then done but try to relax, have a nice long soak in the bath or something or do something to take your mind off it. If you start to feel yourself getting worked up over it and feel like your going to have a panic attack then do something to distract yourself, ive got allsorts done in the past few days trying to keep busy so that i dont panic, ive even done loads of ironing that ive been putting off for ages lol !
    Remember your not on your own, if you need a chat feel free to pm me. Hope your feeling better soon.
    Sarah x

Thread Information