Thread: Anybody know much about Blood Tests / Blood Pressure?

Anybody know much about Blood Tests / Blood Pressure?

I have searched for my query on the forum (did not want to use google) and have not found anything, which would answer my question.

Two weeks ago, my doctor did me a full blood test for me (to help me), which he said would test for several things (kidneys, thyroid, liver and diabetes etc), which all came back normal.

I was curious and would like to know if a full blood test would show up if you had sinus cancer or a tumour?

I was told by a practinitional nurse last weekend, if I had a tumour, my blood pressure would be sky high, which she said it was ok and my doctor checked my blood pressure.

I have had several other tests of late, like seeing an optician who tested my eyes on Sunday and my doctor has done my blood pressure etc and all these were ok, as I was worried about my light headiness and vision etc.

I would ask my doctor but he has asked me to go back in two weeks time and only a week has passed.

Red

Re: Anybody know much about Blood Tests / Blood Pressure?

I don't think blood tests and blood pressure can measure for tumors exactly but they do give an indication of general good health. If your bloods were all normal and your blood pressure was good, it shows that your body is not fighting any infections or inflammation and is in a normal and steady state.

I get great comfort from these sort of results. I got good blood test results yesterday and I am waiting for an abdominal/pelvic scan next week. I am getting myself in a bit of a state about ovarian cancer but the results yesterday make me feel better.

Re: Anybody know much about Blood Tests / Blood Pressure?

Blood tests won't detect cancer unless they are looking for it. So a routine blood test would not be looking for cancer.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information