Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible Oral Cancer

Re: Possible Oral Cancer

Whatever Darkside's motives are he has certainly caused a division of opinion which has been the pattern for "controversial" posters.

Quote Originally Posted by poppy77 View Post
    He maybe feels by stating he has the worst case scenario, it's by some means protecting him from it. Illogical I know, but people sometimes do that. It's probably a bit like OCD compulsions I.e. 'if I tap that door handle five times then I'll be protected from....etc. etc.'
    My HA does a version of that. I think that if I concede it could be anxiety, I'll make it be ALS. Like I'll jinx myself.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Whatever Darkside's motives are he has certainly caused a division of opinion which has been the pattern for "controversial" posters.
    I always notice that when these divisive opinions start to surface, the poster is conspicuous in their absence.

For the record, I haven't accused the OP of anything personally, I just want to know what he hopes to achieve by posting in such a manner.

Quote Originally Posted by melfish View Post
    My HA does a version of that. I think that if I concede it could be anxiety, I'll make it be ALS. Like I'll jinx myself.
    That's Magical Thinking. My OCD was heavy on MT.

But I don't buy it here, even with MT you could acknowledge a problem. This is more denial to me, just a problem stage some HAers go through.

---------- Post added at 05:26 ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 ----------

Hear, hear. Ditto that ^^

You ask what the OP wants here. That's my question too. I've read hundreds of posts on this board, and I've noticed that HA sufferers, while paralysingly frightened they might have what they fear, rarely announce they have it. It's so rare as to make the OP's post jump out. And that's why I think maybe there's something beyond HA going on here. Munchausen's maybe? He's certainly showed signs of it by proxy. Referring to it as "my cancer" constitutes a delusion, and thus removes it from the diagnostic category of hypochondriasis, which is an anxiety disorder and thus involves DOUBT.

Most HA sufferers at heart want to be reassured they don't have what they fear. They are after a cool reasoned voice to cut through the cognitive distortions and disease conviction that characterise this disorder and help them see clearly. This is not the case with our poster here. He just wants to announce over and over that he has cancer. To what end? Does he want help with the funeral arrangements?
    I disagree. He's shown his doubt by just being on an anxiety disorder forum. Delusion would have him on cancer boards telling them he has it and chasing doctors refusing to believe the tests.

He has even said 99% in this thread. Delusion is a solid 100%. He wouldn't be asking, he would be telling. I've just replied to one where he said "possible cancer". That's not an unshakable belief.

There may be more issues here, that's a possibility, but not heading into psychosis.

Like Elen says, we get some like this. I can think of several past usernames just like this guy. Two of them are getting better and they were called trolls and Admin had to stop forum arguments & inflammatory posting.

---------- Post added at 05:31 ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by darkside4k View Post
    I first want to deal with this possible cancer. Right now I have no reason to believe it is a simple canker sore, since it has not healed yet and has been around for almost 2 weeks now.

I feel that is more important to get treated before I move on and assume this is only anxiety related. There is a real physical problem to address.
    Sorry, I've done a load of avoidance in my anxiety so it's not hard to spot a swerve.

What comes next?

Are you afraid to admit it could be anxiety?

One thing I just read online is that oral caner is usually different from canker sores because it has other symptoms including **earaches**.

As I have been saying, I've been having ear pain on the same side as the canker sore for the last several days as well. Doesn't this seem to point more towards oral cancer rather than just a canker sore?

One thing I just read online is that oral caner is usually different from canker sores because it has other symptoms including **earaches**.

As I have been saying, I've been having ear pain on the same side as the canker sore for the last several days as well. Doesn't this seem to point more towards oral cancer rather than just a canker sore?
    Who says it's a canker sore? What about the replies you've had saying it could be a mouth ulcer or an infection of the gums/teeth?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Who says it's a canker sore?
    Canker sore is what Seppos call a mouth ulcer.

Canker sore is what Seppos call a mouth ulcer.
    The hell is a Seppo?

I think I was able to get a decent look at it. It is a small whitish/yellow area about the size of a grain of rice maybe. Maybe a bit smaller. On my gums in the very back. Surrounded by slightly red inflammation.

You get earache with an ear infection, which can also bring jaw ache. You get jaw & earache with muscular tension as well as with Bruxism. None of those are cancer.

Try having an infected tooth or gum. Jaw ache, earache again.

Until you see that dentist there is no answer as you're aren't going to believe us. But what then?

You say you won't consider anxiety until after the dentist but what about all your previous health worries? You even mentioned having flare ups & better periods. The choice is yours, keep experiencing all that or get help and that isn't connected to any possible current cancer.

---------- Post added at 18:05 ---------- Previous post was at 18:04 ----------

I think I was able to get a decent look at it. It is a small whitish/yellow area about the size of a grain of rice maybe. Maybe a bit smaller. On my gums in the very back. Surrounded by slightly red inflammation.
    Antibiotics time for you then when you get to your dentist.

Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread Information