Thread: severe flutters and propranolol

severe flutters and propranolol

ive had such severe anxiety that ive had flutters that have lasted for half an hour at a time..its got that bad ive had to go to the doctors and she gave me propranolol..im so scared of medication..i took one to calm down but later read on line you can have a heart attack if you stop this medication..im now terrified..can some one please explain how it works to me. the doctor said to take one when im anxiuos..how much do i need to take before it becomes dangerous to stop? if that makes sense..would be so grateful for some advice please..i dont usually take medication through fear of side effects. now im so ill with anxiety i have no choice. :( i have a 14 month old to look after and im so worried. i have no family.

Re: severe flutters and propranolol

Poor you - how many mg has your doctor told you to take? Some people get up to 320 mg a day, I've never heard it can cause blood clots to come off of them, UNLESS you have a heart disease ... extra beats is not heart disease.

---------- Post added at 20:40 ---------- Previous post was at 20:38 ----------

with long-term anxiety can be given 40 mg, 2-3 times per day

---------- Post added at 20:41 ---------- Previous post was at 20:40 ----------

with long-term anxiety can be given 40 mg, 2-3 times per day

Re: severe flutters and propranolol

I read about propranolol and i didnt see anywhere, even on my precription info about having a heart attack if you stop taking it. I think it would work just like any other medication, once its time to come off, you just take less and less until your body gets used to it. I hate taking meds too, but my anxiety has become to much to control anymore, so i too have no choice. I think you will be fine, i just started taking it too, going to stick with it for awhile longer. Good luck

Thread Information