Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Describe diazepam taking it for the first time.....help me understand

Re: Describe diazepam taking it for the first time.....help me understand

Quote Originally Posted by Benjammin69 View Post
    Is ... the right place
    To get diaZepam from or is the doctor/p doc?
    Idiot
    Hi Ben,

I've reported it twice to Admin as sellers are not allowed on here. Besides, it's illegal anyway with these. There must be delays but I've reported it again.

Admin sometimes forget to amend responses, they will just delete his & ban him, so it might be worth editing out the company name so there's no trace of him later.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Hi Ben,

I've reported it twice to Admin as sellers are not allowed on here. Besides, it's illegal anyway with these. There must be delays but I've reported it again.

Admin sometimes forget to amend responses, they will just delete his & ban him, so it might be worth editing out the company name so there's no trace of him later.

Cheers mate I'll delete it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned now - sorry Terry I have only seen the one message come through

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks Nic. With them always being dealt with so swiftly I just assumed there was probably a delay as you guys are busy and just report again after giving some time. No worries, it's always appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Benjammin69 View Post
    I get mine from the docs too I got 10 5mg the other day and a few months ago I got 28 5mg, and 28 2mg. Don't worry about taking them mate. The way I can explain it is for a highly anxious person the diazepam allows your anxiety to go back to normal levels, with someone who's anxeity is not high it can then make them drowsy. So to sum it up the diazepam will level you out

Thanks for the reassurance but I'm still worried about it. Going to try 2mg in the next week or so then I'll have an idea what will happen on them. I have this crazy notion that a tablet of something I've never tried before will kill me or I'll have a really bad reaction. Its bonkers....its my anxiety stopping me

That will leave me 10mg to get on holiday and get back. 5 hour flight.....hoping I pass out and sleep all the way.

So I rattled 12mg down my throat yesterday and it done nothing for me, absolutely nothing. So I never managed to board my flight.....

I'll never bother with this crap again.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin44 View Post
    So I rattled 12mg down my throat yesterday and it done nothing for me, absolutely nothing. So I never managed to board my flight.....

So you didn't do a trial run and waited until just before boarding the flight? In which case the extra anxiety about taking the pill on top of the fear of flying may have been too much for the dose to adequately control.

Also taking 12mg in one hit was a really stupid thing to do. It might have been enough to knock you out which is a dangerous condition to be in when flying.

Also when did you take it? It can take a couple of hours for diazepam plasma levels to peak.

Nothing will take away your fear, fear is a normal response. What diazepam would do is lower your anxiety. Timing with diazepam is crucial - for a dentist appointment your advised to take one the night before (which lowers your anxiety throughout the night) then one upon waking then if needed one an hour before the appointment. What it sounds like is you let your anxiety build to a high level then probably guzzled the diazepam on way to the airport. Which wasn't enough to lower the anxiety that had built and the extra anxiety that was being added.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I an angry with myself, I was expecting a miracle drug to make me fly.

The doctor that prescribed me it never really gave me any advise on how to take it. I did try 2mg on Saturday but I had a highly emotional day with my team winning the cup final and I think the adrenaline wearing off and the 2mg probably made me feel relaxed so I thought it would do the same at the airport.

I took a little the night before then first thing in the morning but only a little.

I went back and seen another doctor yesterday and he gave me more and said I should have had 10mg 4 hours before I was due to fly then another 10mg when i was 2 hours from takeoff.

Only problem is now I have this mental block of not getting on, feeling like it won't work again and no direct flight till Tuesday.

Missing my wife and kids like mad and it's only been 2 days.

Ok I an angry with myself, I was expecting a miracle drug to make me fly.

The doctor that prescribed me it never really gave me any advise on how to take it. I did try 2mg on Saturday but I had a highly emotional day with my team winning the cup final and I think the adrenaline wearing off and the 2mg probably made me feel relaxed so I thought it would do the same at the airport.

I took a little the night before then first thing in the morning but only a little.

I went back and seen another doctor yesterday and he gave me more and said I should have had 10mg 4 hours before I was due to fly then another 10mg when i was 2 hours from takeoff.

Only problem is now I have this mental block of not getting on, feeling like it won't work again and no direct flight till Tuesday.

Missing my wife and kids like mad and it's only been 2 days.

One thing I have learnt is no drugs or therapy can give you amnesia, so you will never be able to forgot these scenarios/experiences - what the drugs do is make it more achievable and acceptable next time round.i take 10mg when hinges are getting too much, a meeting, public speaking etc and I still get nervous but it's normal
    Nervous. So I would see the diazepam almost like alcohol, you said you normally use alcohol to get on a flight, well this time your using diazepam. You have got flights before so you will again you just need some assistance at the moment and they the diazepam

P.s - be sensible with it as it can be addictive and a bitch to come off when physically or emotionally dependant but the odd time for a flight isn't too bad :-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information