Thread: Ostiophobia (Fear of Bones)

Ostiophobia (Fear of Bones)

Hi I have an irrational fear of bones to me it still seems perfeltly reasonable when i was a child i thought evryone had it. Skelitons where somthing to fear, as somthing used in horror films etc.

Ive not come across anyone else ever who fears this (evern the technical term ostiophobia is not recognised by spelling dictionarys) So it seems a realy strance phobia to have. Ive managed to dull it down in recent years, if i expose my self to an individal image or a specific bone i can tolorate it (I can now wear a t-shirt with a cartoon skeliton on it)

Obviously this is not somthing that affects me day by day so i can live with it ok i dont regularly come into contact with bones and can accept that they are inside me. Im just curios if anyone has expirienced this or has any further infomation about this?
    Last edited by fizzandfiddles; 23-04-10 at 12:54.

Post Re: Ostiophobia (Fear of Bones)

Hello! No, you're not alone. I have the same issue. I cannot look at, feel, or talk about bones comfortably. Although, while you can accept that they are inside of you, I cannot. I can't put on makeup or touch my face, arms, chest, or legs without gagging, crying, or freaking out in some way. I always thought this was normal, but when I speak to family and friends all of them say I'm crazy or weird. By all means, I know where you're coming from.

Thread Information