Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manager huffs and puffs and is always cross at me because of my anxiety

Re: Manager huffs and puffs and is always cross at me because of my anxiety

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Just a point elibabez.

I do NOT want you to name the Company for obvious legal reasons, but are we talking about Catering or a Food outlet here?

If it is anything to do with food, it is a very hard sector to be in.
    I have been in catering and the pressure is...well, a bit 'Gordon Ramsey'.
    food outlet but not fast food like bk or mcdonalds or kfc

and this store is super super busy like non stop customers

Then I understand a bit more.

I think this Manager is under great pressure and it is not meant personally.
    However, this does not excuse her for her manner towards you.

Let her do most of the talking at the assessment and way up how she is with you.
    Does she smile, does she look relaxed, does she rush the assessment, is she different with you than she was in catching her in a passing fashion.

You can then make a better assessment of her.
    If she is pleased with your work then you then have the upper hand, whether to stay or find somewhere else to work.

Good Luck. x

If the manager is like that with everyone, either stress or an attitude problem.

If the manager is like that only with you, if you all do the same then I would question it. But if the others don't appear to "pester" her (I mean that as in how she views it, not how we view it on here so it's not a criticism of you), then it could be back to stress or attitude on their part again.

Well
    today was my first shift back with this manager, due to me being off and then the manager being off.

I was called into the office about an incident which happened, and then when she went onto bring up things i was saying, i said ``they werent intended in a bad way i just ask them because i get paranoid and i have very high anxiety``

and she just huffed again, showing no sympathy or no indication of understanding or giving a damn

im at my witts end

is it really worth feeling mentally sick for just a miserable 16 hour job

of which when you take into account travel costs
    no jsa
    and massively reduced housing benefit
    and me having to pay for all my nhs now

im only about 10 pounds a week better off

i just dont know what to do

i wrote an email explaining my concerns to the area manager

---------- Post added at 01:52 ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    If the manager is like that with everyone, either stress or an attitude problem.

If the manager is like that only with you, if you all do the same then I would question it. But if the others don't appear to "pester" her (I mean that as in how she views it, not how we view it on here so it's not a criticism of you), then it could be back to stress or attitude on their part again.

Oh she gets angry whenever i question anything
    like part of my review i got a ``no`` tick
    for being able to work independantly

when i stated that i throroughly refuted that, and feel and know that i can, and welcome working independantly, she was dismissive of that too

its almost like she just wants me to leave and is purposely doing this

ps in case your thinking its the me questioning things which is annoying her
    i do it in a very relaxed calm way, without being intrustive, nor do i question all the time

the one or two times in my 5 weeks here that ive asked her anything ie about my review or something
    she just huffs and says ``what is it now.. yes ok``

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information