Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PAIN IN UPPER BACK

PAIN IN UPPER BACK

Hi

Does anyone ever get pain in their upper back? Most people seem to suffer in the bottom of their backs but mine is nearly always the upper part. Sometimes it goes to the front. I fell like iv been kicked really hard all over.

I know when i get it i panic so i probably do make it worse. What worries me is when it goes round to my chest. I convince myself im gonna have a heart attack.

Anyone else suffer with this?

love mandie x

Mandy, I am so glad you said that - I have been getting a pain on the left side at the back of my shoulder, radiating toward the upper left of my chest at the front and today its going down my left arm. I am only 30, dont smoke, but GP said cholestorol was a bit high, although my bloods were ok. I am also afraid its the heart - I get lightheaded with it, but that might just be the panic and fear of it

Anxiety Is Evil

mandie. mine too is almost always upper back.

thanks to you for the reassurance as that was starting to freak me out
    jackie

Hi

Im not glad both of you have the same, but its good to no im not alone with this.

I have it now, its the kind of pain you get when your bent over for a long time and then you try and straighten up if that makes sense. Iv just been for a long soak in the bath and never had the pain whilst in the bath. Maybe the heat helps the pain in which case its muscular. Im trying to make myself feel better by saying this, otherwise i think its to do with my heart.

mandie x

I get this a lot, my physio has reassured me that it is due to tension in my upper body brought on my stress and also poor posture. I have recently started pilates and this is helping sorting my back, shoulders and neck out.
    HTH

Hi Mandie

I sometimes get the same as you, its on my left side just in line with the shoulder blade. But it doesn't happen all of the time though.

linda x

hello mandy,i get the exact sme thing have for years!mine is tension and digestion pain,alldue to the anxiety!I take ant acids,helps some times or a glass of andrews!!!makes you burp and it lessens the pain.Put some lavender oil in your bath,it will relax you and your muscles.lol mary-rose.xxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

thanks for your replies everyone

Mary rose i often use lavender oil in my bath to help me relax. while im sokaing, i feel great and for a good while after. then it starts again.

Delta i think i will try the pilates

love mandie x

Hi, I have the same thing happen to me It really scares me. I have had my heart checked they say all is fine. The pain starts in my upper back then radiates to chest, it really hurts and im scared im having a heart attack, as the pain fits the description.

I would like to keep intouch with somebody suffering the same, then if we discover what it is we could both be treated.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Mandy, I am so glad you said that - I have been getting a pain on the left side at the back of my shoulder, radiating toward the upper left of my chest at the front and today its going down my left arm. I am only 30, dont smoke, but GP said cholestorol was a bit high, although my bloods were ok. I am also afraid its the heart - I get lightheaded with it, but that might just be the panic and fear of it

Anxiety Is Evil

<div align="right">Originally posted by Farr06 - 23 March 2006 : 20:57:06</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    k white

Re: PAIN IN UPPER BACK

hello all i ahve been having this to for about a months or so it starts in my back like you were bent over to long and than stood up then i get it where it comes around to the left of my chest for the most part is is never in the same spot anyware i get pains in my stomach too taking antacid help along with a gas pill but stress makes it worse and i even get it in my shoulder and when that happens i am in sheer pain. i know what you are all saying when you say it is goo to know that your are not the only one with this it does give a sigh og relief now we just need to deal with it and well be all set huh. heheheeeee

Patience is a Virtue!
    Remember good things come to those who wait for them!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information