Thread: Acceptance of something medical with HA

Acceptance of something medical with HA

I don't want to write what medical thing I'm going through at the moment because I would feel terrible if I triggered anyone off, and I'm not looking for any medical advice as the docs are dealing with it.

I am however actually going through something, it's the very thing that caused my HA in the first place. Has anyone been through similar? How do you deal with acceptance of it? This thing is pretty much chronic, so I'll need to accept it at some point. Right now it's affecting everything in my life. During the day, I'm afraid I just exist. When my partner comes home from work I feel safer and can be better and enjoy time with him and my daughter, but I need to be present for her all the time, 24/7, whether we're alone or not.

My biggest achievement would be to get through one whole day with her, doing really fun things and not being held back by my fear of 'my thing' striking me down when it's just her and I. I have a horrible fear of me collapsing when I'm out alone with her.

Anyways, I digress. How do you cope with HA and a condition together?!

Re: Acceptance of something medical with HA

Quote Originally Posted by Cece6 View Post
    How do you cope with HA and a condition together?!
    There have been a few members that actually had to deal with real life physical issues. From what I was told by them, their anxiety took a back seat while they focused on dealing with their illness. All were fine and a positive from the experience is that their anxiety stayed in the back seat.

The reality is you have no choice but to face it head on and deal with it. It will also serve to strengthen your resolve in dealing with your anxiety.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Wise words, fishmanpa, thank you!

I have a physical illness, Crohn's, and have had major surgery (total proctocolectomy with end ileostomy) and I just deal with it because I have to. We are stronger than we think. I still have anxiety but it's generally on other things not crohn's.
    Last edited by Capercrohnj; 09-08-17 at 01:14. Reason: Sorry wrote had instead of have. Unfortunately no cure for crohn's yet.

Just know that all though you may have a medical problem that doesnt mean you're not strong! you're still here right? yes so dont let your medical problem be a reason to give up and feel down about it. sure it sucks but every single person on here will go through a medical problem one day so you are not alone on that! Now make a cuppa and relax

Quote Originally Posted by Capercrohnj View Post
    I have a physical illness, Crohn's, and have had major surgery (total proctocolectomy with end ileostomy) and I just deal with it because I have to. We are stronger than we think. I still have anxiety but it's generally on other things not crohn's.
    I have different issues than this poster but exactly. I have three pretty severe diseases. I deal with it because I have to.

There's nothing else I can do. While I'm having issues health related sometimes my anxiety falls to the back. Other times it doesn't. I just take it day by day and enjoy life

Thanks so much for all your honest replies on this. I was wondering how many of us had physical illness(es) as well as the anxiety.

My big problem with my actual condition is trying to stop myself focusing on the worst risks and complications of the disease, assuming they will definitely happen to me.

Thread Information