Quote Originally Posted by Mojo61 View Post
I am the chairman of my local cavy (guinea pig) club and we hold 4 shows per year. I couldn't go to the last one in April because I wasn't feeing well enough with my anxiety. Today was our summer show and BBQ and I was determined to go otherwise my anxiety will have won again.

I got up at 5.30am, got dressed, jumped into my car and got to the show venue before I could change my mind. Had a great day with the guinea pigs, a lovely BBQ lunch and a good gossip with all my friends and other members of the committee. I've just got home and although I'm exhausted I feel proud that I managed to go and for once have an anxiety free day.

No doubt it will be back to remind me who's boss tomorrow lol, but today I stuck two fingers up to the b****** and I feel great about that!
Well done! Mojo! I bow to your cavy queendom! I'm a huge cavy lover too and have just nursed one of my boys through a nasty bladder stone removal.. I'm so pleased you managed to get to the show-anxiety can take a back seat when you are finally able to enjoy yourself and let go.

Fishman and flipp, well done to you both for your successes!