Thread: Diazepam

Diazepam

Hi ,
    My dodtor has given me 2mg tablets to get me through the first couple of weeks of citalopram medication where it is making me feel a lot worse. I really don't like taking them though, they make me feel really spaced out and wierd. I also worry about taking two types of medication at once. Has anyone else been prescribed benzodiazepines to get them through a rough patch?

[xx(]

Mandy

I have both, i didn't feel to bad, they just take the edge off the anxiety. i've just started citalopram again and i feel very anxius at the moment so i may take a diazepam, as long as it is for a short time it will be OK.

Take care
    Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Hi Mandy, I've been on Prozac for 3 months and 2mg Diazepam, which I take as and when needed. Some days I have to take more Diazepam than others, but it took me about 7 weeks for the effects to kick in. Diazepam is great for short term relief, but is addictive, so I'm trying my best not to rely on them. When I first started taking the meds I felt worse for a few weeks, but I feel great now, apart from the health anxiety, which I worry about day and night. Give it some time mate and I'm sure you'll start to feel the benefits.

Les

Thanks guys,
    another problem is I'm not sure if I should drive while taking diazepam so I have only been taking one at night which makes me feel really groggy in the morning and none of the anti anxiety effects during the day.

Mandy

Mandy have a look at this post.

Tablet advice line - useful!!!

Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Hi again Mandy, I found that i was OK to drive on diazepam but not everyone is the same. If you take one in the morning and see how you are and note down when and if you feel tired/how tired you feel. i used to take mine at 9ish and starte to feel a bit tired at noon. Then i would perk up again. Everyone reacts differently.

Take care
    Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Thread Information