Thread: Fear of ovarian cancer

Fear of ovarian cancer

Hello, I'm 19 yo and I'm extremely scared of ovarian cancer. First of all, I develop fear from cancer when I had burning sensation in my right breast and shoulder pain I was scared to death from breast cancer. I went to many doctors they did for me ultrasound for my breast and they did Xray and nothing was wrong. I started feeling better and I forgot about the breast cancer, but I started to think about MS and ALS disease like maybe 3 weeks I could'not live normal life I went to a neurology doctor and I asked for mri altho he said no need everything is fine I pushed for the mri after doing the mri scan he ssaid nothing is wrong you are totally fine. then I started thinking about skin cancer because of a mole in my face near to my hairline I went to a dermatologist she said you are fine. Then a new story which is colon cancer because of some blood in my stool and gas issue I went to the doctor again they did for me colonoscopy it was hemorrhoid only. then the doctor did some blood tests everything is fine only my vitamin d level. after feeling little cramps in my stomach the doctor said i'll do endoscopy and it was fine only i have a little problem with my gallbladder. now I'm scared of ovarian cancer because I have gas issue and sometimes after eating I go to bathroom not always but my period is fine regular.. but I'm totally scared I went to ER two times !! because of my fear they did for me all kind of blood tests kidney liver everything is fine !! CT scan for the brain ! and also they did abdominal ultrasound for my ovaries and the doctor said everything is fine and before this I went to a gynecologist I told her she did ultrasound for my ovaries and she said nothing it's good. she did for me hormones blood test. I can't have the vaginal ultrasound cause im muslim and virgin.. and I'm really scared I really need advice !!! help me plssss Im scared to death ') Im not living normal life from 5 months now .and sorry for my bad grammar

Re: Fear of ovarian cancer

Hi GVA,

It does sound as though you might be suffering, not from cancer, but from health anxiety. I think you probably have already guessed this which is why you're on the forum. Well done for taking a positive first step towards recovering from your anxiety!

I'm not sure what resources are available wherever you are in the world, but I would imagine that any doctor will have come across patients who are overly anxious about their health - would a visit to them be a good first start? If you explain that it is severely impacting your quality of life, then you might be able to get some help, perhaps some talking therapy. Nobody should have to go through these debilitating fears alone.

I really feel for you and whilst obviously I can't guarantee that you will always be healthy physically I do know that there is way out of the other side of health anxiety, and I wish you the best with your recovery!

Quote Originally Posted by beatroon View Post
    Hi GVA,

It does sound as though you might be suffering, not from cancer, but from health anxiety. I think you probably have already guessed this which is why you're on the forum. Well done for taking a positive first step towards recovering from your anxiety!

I'm not sure what resources are available wherever you are in the world, but I would imagine that any doctor will have come across patients who are overly anxious about their health - would a visit to them be a good first start? If you explain that it is severely impacting your quality of life, then you might be able to get some help, perhaps some talking therapy. Nobody should have to go through these debilitating fears alone.

I really feel for you and whilst obviously I can't guarantee that you will always be healthy physically I do know that there is way out of the other side of health anxiety, and I wish you the best with your recovery!
    Thank you so much for replying to me .. I went to a therapist she was not good at all and the worst she was a professor too ... she did not listen to me at all. but let me tell you that my gastroenterologist doctor told me that my gallbladder is producing something i duno what is it the doctor said this can happen from the fear I don't know if this's true he gave me some medicines. i saw that gallbladder can do symptoms like gas and bloating and pain sometimes.. but im still scared '(

---------- Post added at 11:51 ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 ----------

I'll appreciate more help pls..

---------- Post added at 13:28 ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 ----------

more help pls

need more advises :(

Unhappy abdominal ultrasound !! so worried :(

Is it possible for ovaries to be seen through abdominal ultrasound !!
    Pls I'm so worried and I can't have vaginal ultrasound </3

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Thread Information