Thread: New here, anxiety sufferer welcome all advice

New here, anxiety sufferer welcome all advice

Hi I'm Aaron, 29 years old. I have been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder a month ago, after having symptoms for quite a few years.

I was referred to the Cardinal Clinic in Windsor and have so far just has an hours consultation, who confirmed the disorder and prescribed me Propranolol. I struggle to take tablets, which apparantly is part of my anxiety and have a fear of choking when taking them. At first I got about a weeks worth down, which was a huge acheivement for me as this is the first time in my life I have been able to take them. I feel good after swallowing it, like proud of myself and celebrate with a cigarette (sounds silly I know) but it boosts me up. Unfortunately though for the last two days I haven't been able to take them, have wasted ten capsules, and still not got one down. I am going to try again today but am not holding out much hope.

I'm concerned about my headaches though. I was told by my GP that my headaches will be caused by the beta blockers, but its fine to take paracetomol with them. However, for the last two days my headaches have got worse, and I'm not taking the beta blockers, and paracetomol doesn't seem to help. I even looked up symptoms for brain tumours I am that worried :-/

I'm here to basically talk to people who know where I'm coming from, learn some advice, even give some advice if I can, anything, just to try and relieve the situation.

I have an appointment tomorrow with the phsychologist, and I'm praying she can help.

Any advice welcome, and thank you so much for creating this forum.

Aaron

Hi AaronB

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information