Thread: blood test

blood test

hi all

i know this seems silly posting but i feel woried.
    i have felt realy tired and i get lots of eptopic heart beats every day i just dont feel well i rang my doctor today and she sead i need to go in for a full blood test on the 15th of this month .she sead she would check my thyroid see if i need some iron tabs and look at my sugar is like .
    i am scared that something is wrong and what else the blood test shows up im ok if i know what may be wrong but if i dont know what it will show i know i will worry over it .i am scared it will say i may have cancer or something they carnt treat silly i know but this is what im like in a way i think i might have a prob with my thyroid {spell check lol}because i get lots of funny heart beats and iv heard thats a symptom among loads more they say you can get .
    sorry for going on a bit i am just so woried .
    jodie

I know how you feel - whenever the doctor has suggested that I have blood tests i -
    1) Panic that the doctor must think there's something wrong and isn't telling me
    2) Panic that they will find something terrible (even things ive never thought about before)

However, there is nothing to worry about. Having a blood test is very routine and they simply do it 'to make sure'. I once asked my doctor why, and he said that when you go to the doctors a couple of times (or even once) about something, the doctor would look stupid if they didnt do a simple blood test. They are normally testing for things like iron levels, thyroid etc. so try not to worry, I'm sure it will all be fine. Good luck!

Hi Jodie,

I agree with LCO5, this is very routine, these days doctors also have to protect themselves to do everything to rule out anything also. By the way, I have thyroid and anemia problems and it isn't the end of the world, you learn to live with both of them, they are treatable. I am sure you will be fine although I do understand why you are worried, try to get a good book and read that maybe it will keep your mind occupied on that instead of the test.

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

just to say i get lots of ectopic beats and this year have had lots of blood tests..inc 3 thyroid function tests, all were normal..so dont worry you have anxiety thats all..the doctor is doing his job..to put your mind at rest

Thread Information