Thread: Tonsil stone?

Tonsil stone?

I keep bringing these up? They're really smelly and horrible. From what i have read they look like tonsil stones.

Does this look like a tonsil stone?

Re: Tonsil stone?

Hi, that is most definitely a tonsil stone. It is absolutely nothing to worry about, they are just a nuisance. Only if you're getting tons of them up (a few a week) and they're causing you other problems like change of taste and bad breath, then I'd see a doc and ask about getting your tonsils removed. Again though I'd stress, only consider this if they're extremely frequent and really bothering you, otherwise they are totally harmless and best just left alone / coped with.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnOBrien View Post
    Hi, that is most definitely a tonsil stone. It is absolutely nothing to worry about, they are just a nuisance. Only if you're getting tons of them up (a few a week) and they're causing you other problems like change of taste and bad breath, then I'd see a doc and ask about getting your tonsils removed. Again though I'd stress, only consider this if they're extremely frequent and really bothering you, otherwise they are totally harmless and best just left alone / coped with.
    Thanks. Yeah, i thought they looked a lot like tonsil stones. Only started getting these in the last year or so.

The smell and taste they leave in your mouth are horrible. Guess it's something i'll have to learn to live with.

Thanks for the reply.

My GP says you can get them out by brushing your tonsil gently with a toothbrush! Yuk! Can't do that without retching!

Cerridwen

Thread Information