Thread: ATOS help needed please x

ATOS help needed please x

Hi all, most of you wont know me, but I was a regular vistor to NMP a few moons ago. Thankfully, despite anx, agoraphobia, and aortic heart problems, my life is better now that I faced the fear in face and stuck 2 fingers up to it! (without meds!)

Have had a letter (seemed slightly threatening), about going for an interview regarding my benefits. Well, do they think living on £6000 a year is a lifestyle choice, when I could be earning £40k as a Nurse practitioner by now? Idiots. How do they propose to get me out of the house? Do they think I LIKE living like this?

Anyone who has been through this process is most welcome to comment. Many thanks, in advance, Paula x

Re: ATOS help needed please x

It is not just you Paula - I don't get any benefit money at all despite my illnesses

£6,000 would be a lot to me right now lol

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I forgot to say I moved your post to this forum as well

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks for moving it Nic . I know its not just me, and Im sure Im not the only one struggling to cope with a husband, 2 kids and a grand-child on that money. I just need some advice regarding the interview process, if anyone can help me? Thanks x

Have a read of the posts in this forum Paula - there are some sites you can look at etc and loads of posts about ATOS - they may help

Welcome back by the way xx

Thanks for moving it Nic, I didnt know there was a special thread, been away for a while I know Im not the only one struggling on 6k a year., living on 6k a year with a husband, 2 kids, and a grandchild to support is very hard, plus next doors cat to feed. I understand how everyone struggles. That is why we still have an ancient 30 year old 20 inch tv,, when most of the population have 40 inch plasma teles and games consoles with sky plus, games rooms, nice gardens and homes, nice clothes, decent food to eat ....amongst other things we dont have. Shaming for the kids, I dont care personally hahha. Its hard isnt it? I guess we are all suffering with the government legislation.

I suppose I should have looked the topic up in the search facility. Just wanted to get some insight into the interview process thats all, plus its been a while so I am not up to scratch when it comes to the internet, unless its facebook.

Thanks Nic, will have a gander, once I get my bearings x
    Last edited by paula lynne; 25-09-13 at 00:31. Reason: sp

Everyone told me to take someone with me...I could not understand why..I was seeing a trust worthy health worker....I have Fibro and I am not a scrounger... what problem could there be.I went alone.Please please do not make my mistake....you must take a witness with you.I cannot stress that enough and they must go in the room with you and take a mental note of all that happens,if you are lucky and don't need this precaution then no harm done..but if you do....

Thread Information