Thread: Ectopics/Panic Attacks? Fight them!!

Ectopics/Panic Attacks? Fight them!!

I've been asked to post this here, sorry if already seen!

Ectopics/Panic Attacks? Fight them!!
    This is for all us ectopic and panic attack sufferers:
    I know exactly how you feel. However, having had these symptons for NINETEEN years I've come to the conclusion that it's not going to kill me. That's only been a recent conclusion though after I found this site. Now it's your turn. It is anxiety. Plain and simple. Armed with that knowledge, I would advise some lifestyle changes and here's why: I have suffered regular ectopic sessions for years but they have stopped in the last week. In the last three weeks I've had three missed beats...out of almost two million beats...that's pretty good. This has happened since I found this site. And listened to what I read(!)
    This is the advice I read and this is what worked for me:
    CAFFEINE- I've cut my caffeine intake down considerably, the taste of decaffeinated teabags is fine, not many would tell the difference. As for decaff coffee, I PREFER it!
    I have two or three cups of caffeinated tea or coffee in the morning, that's it. Previously, I would drink ten or fifteen cups per day! Now I have decaff, fizzy water, water, herbal tea and a hot chocolate at bedtime...yum yum!
    BANANAS- A banana a day helps the ectopics stay away!! Well, someone recommended it so why not? What harm can it do?
    ALCOHOL- Stopped drinking. I've drunk way too much during the last 11 years especially. Alcohol numbs the fear, helps the ectopics, numbs the depression...BUT, it causes the feelings to return with a vengeance! I've had many panic attacks on hangover days...not a coincidence. The alcohol withdrawal causes feelings of panic and the jitters. Makes me smart at some of the attacks I had on the day after drinking...bad, bad, bad!
    EXERCISE- Bearing in mind that your average ectopic sufferer thinks that they are about to die and that their heart is weak anyway(why else would you suffer ectopics?), exercise and the subsequent strain that would be put on the heart just doesn't enter the equation! However, I've suffered long enough. I'm sick of worrying. So I've been riding my recently bought bike everywhere! I've just been swimming for the first time in years!! My heart was pumping away like crazy...bang, bang, bang! IT FELT GREAT! Absolutely great! I can live again because I know that what I suffer from is ANXIETY.
    I'm three weeks in tomorrow on this new life. I urge anyone who suffers from these things to do it too! Face the fear, do it anyway!

Just think, I've not exercised for a long time. I'm 40. I've smoked for 19 years(coincidence?). I've drunk more than most. I've suffered from anxiety and stress, ectopics, depression, other bits of health anxiety here and there. It's ruined my life! BUT, if you actually start to BELIEVE that what you suffer from is anxiety then surely that's a relief! And it can be beaten! I firmly believe that following the advice on this website will help a significant amount of people get their lives back.
    However, if you suffer from anxiety and you are not willing to give up caffeine, alcohol or fags then your anxiety can't be that bad. Me, I've given up all three and I'm a different person. Good luck! x

Re: Ectopics/Panic Attacks? Fight them!!

Thanks for posting this here. I like to read it, it helps and I can find it quickly.

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

Thanks for sharing, it is very encouraging.

Yes Flumpy that is a very encouraging post. I'm really glad that you are feeling better and taking less of those nuisance ectopics. I also suffered from them terribly - even although after many years of being an anxiety sufferer they were previously a symptom I had never experienced. But I also feel that there is a chance that hormones can also play a part as I am "that age"!!! I think there's lots of different things cause them but the main thing is that it's great if you find something that works for you to stop them. Well done.
    Myra x

Great u have hit the nail right on the head flumpy ,and it does help if you try and avoid caffeinated and start on the decaf u cannot notice the taste at all..i know if i have alcohol of a weekend (only minimal levels) i get the ectopic and panicky feeling the next day and dont want to go any were or speak to any one...i am 43 and i have been sufering with "anxiety" since i was a child,and i use to bunk of school because then i didnt know what it was and hide it for years....... i was bought up with wonderful parents so sometimes i cant understand why i am like this. My son and nephew also suffer slight anxiety and we think it could be a blip in our genes lol!

i can be really great one minute and as soon as i get this dreaded sunken feeling of... (as i call it.. feeling like somebody as just taken the wind from my sails, so to speak) i kind of hold my breath, but learning to keep breathing through it and trying my up most to ignore it can be very difficult especially when im in company with family or Friend's etc... hope i have made sense , ive harped on a bit

i must say this sight has really helped me thanku all for posting all youre real thoughts cus it helps to share yote symptoms of fears...good luck all

Thread Information