Thread: switching back and forth between xanax and Clonazapam

switching back and forth between xanax and Clonazapam

I have a follow up psy appointment next week Tuesday to figure out a plan. I upped my Celexa dose to 30MG and do find I am even more anxious. It's been one week on the increased dose and 6 weeks of Celexa total. The program is I have a nervous, anxious feeling most of the day.

Currently, I have been prescribed Xanax .5 three times a day. Honestly, the morning is the worse for anxiety and I have to take .75 of Xanax to feel anything (I previously took Xanax for several months while trying Zoloft. ) The Xanax just doesn't work for that deep down pit of anxiety in my stomach. It doesn't help that I didn't sleep last night either. I decided I didn't need the third dose of Xanax. Big mistake, I couldn't sleep and kept tossing and turning. I wake up trembling every morning.

I was taking clonazepam while being in a hospital program (.5 x 3 times a day). In my opinion it hasn't been really effective lately (ever since starting the celexa. I need 1MG twice a day to feel better (but it does make me super sleepy). Can I just back to clonazepam tomorrow to see if it helps. I am trying to see what dosage works for me. Obviously, I want to take the least amount as possible, but don't want to take something that's ineffective.

Is there any danger in switching back and forth between clonazepam and Xanax?

I'm feeling down. I just want to feel better.

Re: switching back and forth between xanax and Clonazapam

Quote Originally Posted by Ethansmom View Post
    Is there any danger in switching back and forth between clonazepam and Xanax?
    No. Some take both. The only concern is that sedation may become an issue so be extra careful when doing anything potentially hazardous - stay off ladders, etc, and do not drive if affected.

Hope you are doing okay. I feel our situations are similar. All we can do is get through one day at a time. I have been listening to an audio book called 'How To Be Sick - A Buddhist-Inspired Guide for the Chronically Ill and Their Caregivers'. I'm hoping this will give me a few pointers on accepting that I am ill and that I may be in this state for sometime. Accepting it, instead of the 'why me, I just want to be happy like everyone else' might make the ride a little easier I hope.

Thank for you checking in with me Mermaid. I do need to accept that this is just where i'm at right now. It has to get better. I'm hoping to find the right medication combination. I hope you get better soon!

You should also thank Panic_Down_Under too Ethansmom, he answered the question you asked. You really need to keep a track of all your threads, you seem to have so many going at the moment.

ISB x

Panic down under and I go way back from Anxiety Zone. He's always been wonderful and I always appreciate his insight. He is truly wonderful

Quote Originally Posted by Ethansmom View Post
    He is truly wonderful
    My family and friends would beg to differ and dissolve into fits of hysterical laughter at the thought Thank you for the kind words.

Thread Information