Thread: Am I getting worse or is it still venlafaxine withdrawal?

Am I getting worse or is it still venlafaxine withdrawal?

My symptoms seems to have gotton worse in the past week or so. Stupid spending, unbareable fluctuations in mood, hallucinations, terrible paranoia out of the blue and my sleeps gone up the wall

Do you think it could still be from coming off venlafaxine? (37.5mg btw) it's been over 2 weeks now since my last tablet or has my illness, whatever that may be actually got worse? Things have always seemed to get worse when I've come off ADs.

I've scared my other half silly, when he awoke at 3am to me having a full on panic attack in tears unable to go back to sleep. It was until the next day I was able to tell him I'd seen my grandma (who's been dead over 4 years) stood by the bedroom door I also had this awful feeling something was coming to get me, hence the panic. The only way I managed to get back to sleep was (and don't laugh) I had a conversation with homer simpson about fishing in my ceiling... I really hope it is just withdrawal, I don't like the thought of completely losing control and becoming permenatly psychotic, it scared me enough for what realisticly was about 20 minutes, it felt like ages.

Anyway, any help is much appreciated

Re: Am I getting worse or is it still venlafaxine withdrawal?

I'm pretty sure you're having withdrawl - I had a horrible time ridding my body of venlafaxine. When I tried stopping from 37.5 it was unrealistic and had to restart within days. In the end I took progressively less and less over a couple of months, eventually crushing tablets so I could take tiny fractions of a dose, just to stop the effects.

My doc switched me to Trazadone as he said it helped to reduced the sidefx of Ven.
    Are you switching to another AD?

Did you just stop taking them, cold turkey?

Took me a month or so to get over the withdrawal.

I'd dropped down to 37.5mg and took one every 2 days or so, then I just stopped. It's going on 4 weeks off them now, and I do feel alot better for it, still the odd electric shock, but nothing I can't handle.

Thread Information