Thread: pain in arms

pain in arms

hiya every1

i had a pain in my right arm on tuesday, put it down to stress with the kids etc, yesterday morning it was there a little in the afternoon it changed arms and went to the left, now the left hurts, its more my muscle at the top and my hand, im scared its my heart or a blood clot moving about, does any1 else get this ?? the thing is ive had this before but it was when i was really bad, with my anxiety etc, but at the moment i feel ok, i was really upset about sam and this bullying stuff, but not my usual panicky.
    do u think if it was my heart something would have happened by now. i feel a bit silly posting this actually!

leanne xx

i just wanna feel normal

Are you worried about a heart attack? I believe that's only in one arm.. and yes, something would have happened by now if that's what it was. It could be anxiety.. but it could also be nothing too. Most people get random pains here and there and just ignore them. My doctor always used to have to tell me, sometimes you just feel pain for a little bit. It doesn't mean anything 99% of the time something hurts for a few minutes. Try not to worry too much.

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

xoxox

Hi Leanne,It sounds like anxiety pet.Im pretty sure its not your heart.Your going through a stressfull time at the moment.And you are not silly.

Ellen XX

hiya

thanks for replying, its still there but now feels as if i have a really itchy jumper on my arms, and my fingers and neck ache, i hate having anything like this!!

leanne xx

i just wanna feel normal

Hi Leanne I too get shooting pains in my arms mostly my left arm which freaks me out because like you I worry that its my heart! I'm almost 100% sure that yours is related to anxiety! If not anxiety then its nothing at all just your mind playing tricks on you! Keep smiling and always stay positive.

FEAR Broken down is simply False Evidence Appearing Real

I had the same symptoms a few years back and like you thought it was cardiac related. My doctor diagnosed fibromyalgia (I had never heard of it either). It migth be worth looking into - your local GP should be able to do a simple point test to determine it.

Fibromyalgia is quite prevalent among anxiety sufferers, and presents a whole gamut of symptoms - aching, burning, itching sensations particularly in the muscles. Arms and legs are particularly prone to the muscular fatigue which fibromyalgia presents, along with fatigue. Most of the time it presents as an abnormally acute reaction to everyday aches and pains that most people wouldn't notice. Generally it just means that you are particularly sensitive to the most trifling physical aches and pains.

Don't worry too much - if that is what you have it is just uncomfortable and irritating but not degenerative.

hiya

and thanks for your reply, i have woken this morning and i have a pain in my leg, it really puzzles me, my pains seem to switch so quickly, it will change arms and legs daily, im just hoping that as it does change its nothing serious. i think when i get stressed in any way shape or form my legs seem to ache, i was thinking its all coming from my back.

leanne xx

i just wanna feel normal

Thread Information