Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pressured and tingling head

pressured and tingling head

im worried because ive been getting a pressure feeling on the top of my head and forehead and it seems to go to my nose.its as though something is pressing on my head or as its an elastic band bein stretched.its hard to really describe how it feels.and when its happening im getting a tingling in the same place aswell.does anyone else get this pressure as im really worried its something serious.ive had it all day.x

Hi Bambamers

I get it all the time. There a million posts on here about the exact same thing. It is a very unpleasant sensation. I use to get it all day everyday at the peak of my anxiety at work and I nearly lost my job because I was so out of it (I have health anxiety). The pressure and feeling of an elastic band around your head is classic of this sort of head tension brought on by anxiety. Do not worry as it's VERY unlikely that we ALL have something serious because we ALL feel the same sensation. I am now on meds which has changed my life. I was a chronic suffer and now I am back to my normal happy-go lucky self. I will be on meds for many years but if you are really badly suffering then maybe it's somethign to consider. Hope this helps

hi louise i get it 2. i had my first panic attack last week and was also diagnosed has suffering from anxiety last week 2 and since my first attack ive been having the same symptoms as u. mine have sumtimes lasted all day 2, ive even had pressure behind my eyes, remember it cant hurt u. im going 2 have a gud head massage at the weekend why dont u try it 2. hope ur feeling better soon and try not 2 worry its a classic symptom of anxiety.
    remember this, ; WHEN U CLENCH YOUR FIST IN A BALL IT GOES NUMB, STARTS 2 TINGLE AND U WILL EVENTUALLY GET PINS AND NEEDLES IN IT, WHEN U ARE ANXIOUS THE SAME SENSATIONS HAPPEN IN YOUR HEAD AS TENSION. HOPE THIS HELPS U MATE XX

amyx

Hi All
    I get this to!! I have suffered for nearly a year and at the worst times i couldnt leave my house. Although i can usually get on with my day now i still feel the pressure in my head. Its mainly at the front, behind the eyes and nose and can be very uncomfortable.
    As long as i keep telling myself this is normal im ok.
    Nick

"It does get better"

I get lots of pressure around my scalp and face, and tingling too. I think unfortunately it's just part of the condition.

Love Jo x

Jo

Hi Bambers

Heres another link that may help also

weird head sensations!

Love

Andrea
    xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

Hi there!
    I too have these pressure headaches like someone is pushing on my head! The top, the temples, the back of my head... all over really!

They started coming in my cheeks and jaw too so I went to docs and she said to visit the dentist as it could be TMJ. Dentist found evidence of teeth grinding which i wasn't aware i did! (Dentist says it's caused by stress and anx!)

Got to wear a mouth guard at night - i just hope it helps!

In the meantime i've found 4Head quite good for the pressure sensations - it seems to take my attention from the discomfort! Might be worth a try!

Hope you feel better soon
    Claireypoos

Claireypoo,

How do you get on with the mouth guard, i grind my teeth all night and its driving my Girlfriend mad!!!
    Thanks
    Nick

"It does get better"

Hi Nick
    I haven't started using it yet i pick it up on Thursday and will let you know how i get on!
    I would say tho try and see a dentist if you can cos teeth grinding can be harmful to your teeth sometimes as well as causing head and jaw discomfort! They need to take an impression and check your bite too, sometimes the bite is out of wack! Especially if you have had teeth removed etc!
    All the best and hopefully the dentist will get you a mouth guard so that you (and your girlfriend) can get a good night of restful sleep!!!
    All the best
    Claireypoo

Wow so many with the same symptons.

I get the pressure to, top right of my head and also the elastice band feeling.
    I worry about when I am going to get the headaches when I haven't got them which obviously brings them on. Vicious circle.

Was perscribed Amitriptyline which is good for tension and cluster headaches. Seemed to work.

Good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information