Thread: help with meds?

help with meds?

ihey everyone its been many years since i signed up to this site and havent been on in a very long time, im 33 from bristol i have 4 lovely children, i have suffered with anxiety, panic attacks sometimes agorphobia and depression for 17 years, i have tried many different anti-depressants over the years with very bad side effects making me drop all the tablets in the toilet and giving up, i can manage diazepams but i dont take them everyday only when i really am so bad and i cant cope with the anxiety, my mood swings has got sooo bad lately and my anxiety is heightened im currently doing over the phone cbt, i have got so desperate that i went back to my doctor today and sobbed that i really need help as i cant keep living like this, my 9 year old daughter has started seeing her dad again after many years of him not bothering and he has told me that my daughter has gone back saying how im always upset and crying and she is very worried about me (bless) where she thinks she is doing a lovely thing in saying this her dad can be a very sly man and use this against me as im not coping, anyway ive never tried escitralopram but im very sensitive to meds and very scared to try them, im wondering if anyone can give me any kind of feedback on these? should i just leave meds or at least try? im a single parent of 4 and havent got time for really bad side effects as i have no family around to help me and my children, any help i would appreciate.

Re: help with meds?

Just replied to another person about cbt4panic and no doubt I am going to sound like I am on commission for the blinking programme (can assure you I am not ) but I really really really do rate it.

It's cheaper than visiting a psychologist, you get loads of info and such helpful videos, it's free for 30 days, genuinely, no catch, it's endorsed by this website, then once you've been billed you have another 30 days for money back plus you not get asked o return the material, god, the guy couldn't be more helpful and honest if he tried!

As I say, I have 20 years of every phobic, anxious, agorophobic symptom in the book. Have had house bound times, a&e trips, every medical investigation, god only knows how I managed sometimes I have been crippled with anxiety many times.

What I am learning is what deeply psychological creatures we are.
    No meds are as powerful as our own minds, hormones or bodies. The most effective treatment for your anxiety is your own mind.

yes i agree with that statement about the mind but i trully am not sure where i would be now if it wasnt for meds.
    everyones gunna have a different opnion thats life but diazepam saved me when i just could not cope anymore,
    personally if u can avoid taking this med or thr dr prescribes it in small amounts for only deperate times as it is addictive you already no this.
    mitrazipine is a fairly common drug issued these days for depression it's very good at getting you a good nights sleep but will leave u sedated in the mornings for the first few weeks.
    there are many more meds out there citalopram, effexor etc etc i think you need to go in and have a good chat with your gp , maybe get some one on one counselling

I don't have any personal experience with Escitalopram, but look under medications for that drug, you will find many threads posted by people who have or are taking this medication.

BobbyDog

I am going to sound like I am on commission
    it's free for 30 days, genuinely, no catch, it's endorsed by this website, then once you've been billed you have another 30 days for money back

You could always ask and then you could all donate half your monies earned to Nic to help support the running of her site, especially since it's rare for people who have been encouraged to ask for their money back beyond the free period because the therapy is said to work. Everyone would make more profit and more people could also be helped. Just a thought but I don't know if it makes business sense though.

Do they send the package abroad to Spain ?

Hi there.

I have been on Escitalopram for 2 years or more and they have been a godsend to me. I suffered NO side effects at all and noticed a difference within 3 weeks. They are great for panic disorder/anxiety. Although I still have some anxiety I haven't had a full blown panic attack for such a long time. The small amount of anxiety I still have from time to time is manageable. I also take Quetiapine.
    Meds are not for everyone, but they do help even if you only take them for the short term, it's just finding the right one for you. Don't take this the wrong way but I used to actually look for side effects and think I'm really suffering from them. It would be a good idea to pass your information leaflet in the box to a family member straight away so you cant read it? Just an idea.
    If you haven't done so already it may be worth asking your GP to refer you to a Psychiatrist, personally I think they are better with meds in this field. And maybe ask for a referal to a psychologist so you can have some therapy face to face?
    Hope your doing better soon.

Kez xx

I also think it is worth reading CBT4Panic but I don't believe you should do this programme alone. I think when you have been suffering from anxiety for a number of years, you need plenty of support when practising CBT and exposure therapy. I have tried doing it alone and have suffered immense anxiety as a result as I haven't had support. I think it is okay to endorse Robin's programme but to recognise that everyone is unique and respond differently and that some of us need more support when starting treatment. I suffer from agoraphobia and because of doing this therapy virtually alone I have gone backwards not forwards. Like I said, everyone is different and my argument is that one size doesn't fit all. We may all have similar thinking patterns and the adrenalin is the same but we are still different people with different pasts and fears. Of course self help techniques that CBT embody are great but focusing all the time on trying to feel better can actually make it worse as the acceptance isn't really there and it becomes too much of a struggle. You need a break from it all. Please pamper yourself for a while. You have more than earned it. Medication can help but of course you have to trust it, and I really empathise with you. I haven't tried that particular medication and everyone responds differently. I think you need to be referred to your community mental health team through your GP like has been suggested. You need to build up trust in a therapist and yourself to really move forward. I really really understand. We are always here if you need to talk more.

http://star2dream.blogspot.com

Thread Information