Page 38 of 507 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: from citalopram to venlafaxine, good stories please!!!

Re: from citalopram to venafaxine good stories please !!!

Morning Kate,

You're absolutely right to go for the lowest dose that works. That way, you get fewer side effects and coming off them should be easier.

In answer to some of your points, I'll share a bit of how I see things. I always see meds as my last resort when I'm really struggling to get things into perspective on my own. This is the second time when I've needed their help and, for me, they give me a little relief to be able to see things more clearly and they ease some of the anxiety symptoms letting me get on with my life. They're nowhere near a cure though and it's always a matter of compromise and a balance between the good they do and the side effects they cause. Because I've been on ven before, I know them pretty well and how I react so I feel I can make the decision in an informed way.

As for coming off them. I've said before that I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I've come off them before and, although it wasn't particularly pleasant, it wasn't the hardest thing I've done by a long shot. The hardest thing for me is dealing with my anxiety when it's at its worst. For now, I'm concentrating on getting better and it seems to be working.

I hope that sharing my views might help you a bit.

Take care

Pip xxx

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks for that Pipkin, it's really good to share views on the usage of meds and not just see them as a quick fix whilst changing nothing else in your life.
    I seemed to blindly stay on medication for over twenty years not realising that seroxat had quite patently 'pooped out' and that I had indeed become overweight on that med. this is why I'm so obsessive about weight gain.
    In recent years, and hitting the menopause too, life and the world in general, had become a scary place again... I just ground to a halt. I am quite artistic but still struggle to do my art work or writing. I hope this will improve.
    Life is for living.... Not watching other people live it.
    Hmmmmm, on that note, wish the weather was better today. Lol x

afternoon guys, nice to read that you are doing a bit better.

pip i see my pyshiatrist in 2 weeks, and i don't want to increase any more, i feel i have to do the rest, i do have the occasional good day, and i am 2 weeks into the increase, so i expect more from that, he will give me the extended release then as well, so maybe that will help. glad you are doing well, and giveing great advice as usuall, and you are so right the telly has been awfull this holiday xx

kate you are wise to stick tio the lower dose, i don't know if i was getting there on the lower dose, can't say i feel that much of a difference on the 150mg, but too scared to drop back, hope you have a good day today, and i'm like you addicted to playing games on the laptop, a good distraction, and better than daytime telly lol xx

lou how are you today hun, and what dose are you taking ?

nicola hope your infection is getting better hun, and you have a good day too xx

Hi guys.

Pink I'm still on the 75mg. Had a good day too so fingers crossed at

Lou xx

hi guys, some advice needed today, i feel i was better on the lower dose 75mg am and 37.5 pm.

now i am scared to reduce back, have been on the increased dose just over 2 weeks, do you think i will suffer side effects reducing back ?
    i just dont know what to do for the best.

hope you are all having a good day xx

Hi Pink,

I'm not sure what the answer to that is. At 150mg a day, the norepinephrine effects kick in which may take a bit of getting used to so I'm guessing a couple of weeks isn't long enough.

If I had to suggest anything, I would say to stick it out until your psychiatrist appointment in a couple of weeks and discuss it then. But then, if you feel really bad, I know how hard it can be. Not much help, am I?

Pip xxx

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

thanks pip, i hope you are doing well today, just don't know what to do if i need to decrease i'd rather do it noe rather than wait re side effects

but what you sat makes sense too, might need a bit longer, oh decisions decisios.

thanks again pip xx

Hi im def reducing down tonight, been having crippling panic attacks in the mornings that its obvious im on a too higher dose, thought was going to pass out with my panic attack this morning ive been on the higher dose a week and a half and i was fine until 4 days in which i guess is when the levels starting raising and then the attacks started again plus i feel very agitated so going back on docs advice to 75mg in morning and 37.5mg at night xx

i might try and ring my pysc and ask for advice, not having panic attacks, but don't feel as if i have got any better since increasing, just feel anxious, and no motivation.

thanks for your advice, and good luck with the decrease xxx

let me know what he says, im anxious all the time its unbearable at the min but 150mg is a high dose of ven and maybe we just don't need that amount?? xx

Page 38 of 507 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread Information