Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Home Alone

Home Alone

I just wondered if anyone feels anxious when their home alone. I always seem to get myself into a panic when I know I'm going to be home alone. In fact I am alone at present as hubby on his Xmas work night out. So far I'm doing not too bad since I have you guys to chat to but I know I'm not relaxed as I should be.

All my friends love to get the house to themselves so they can go for a nice bath, play their own music etc but i HATE it..I hate my own company.

I'm 29 yrs and to this day I think I have only stayed myself once and that was a disaster...I had no sleep. To be honest I think I have always been like this but I remember my dad saying that I would eventually grow out of it...I'm still waiting.

Does anyone else feel like this?

sadie

hi sadie,

ime really answering this,cos i want you to know were here,if that makes sense!

i think this might well be a female thing,ime not sure,so dont knock me down..this past year,i have felt a bit lonely,at times,but ime not an anxious person anyway,so that doesnt come into the equation.

i will leave the ladies to give there views..but its nearly 11pm,and were here,ok!....bryan.

Bryan

I have said it before and will say it again..you are a great person. You always say the right things and say them well. Thanks for your help, yet again. You are probably right though..it will be mostly a female thing.

I've only gone and put the washing machine on, which was not the most intelligent thing to do at this time of night, when I'm home alone and slightly anxious...since my washing machine is the noisest thing ever made. I have been up to check the house etc at least 4 times since i put it on due to the noise it makes.

Never mind though...I'm sure I will survive.

sadie

It is not a female thing.

It's a fear thing and anyone can get it.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Radar

Do you think this type of fear is always brought on by past events or just a symptom of anxiety?

sadie

of course,you will survive,your a winner,being on your own tonite,is just another little test,you are doing great,and deserves a choc bar tomorrow,tell hubby,bryan said so!

ive got two windows open(pc wise)on one ime studying,and the other is here ,so i keep popping in every 15mins,or when my brain gets fuzzy,on all those stupid latin terms,that medicine involves...god,wished ide listened during latin at school,instead of eying all the girls lol...bryan.

Bryan..what you studying?

sadie

meg,

i will fight you on this...england versus wales!

take 1000 non anxious,non fearful people,in other words..non sufferers..

and bye the way split women/men.

i am positive that you will find the majority of women,feel anxious,when left alone,specially those women,who are currently in a relationship....so come on matey..pick up the gauntlet..bryan.

Hi Sadie,

I was never afraid to be alone, I lived as the only white person in an Inuit village in the arctic with no way in or out except a plane 3 times a week -weather permitting - with no issues at all. Loved it .

When I was anxious I developed a fear of being home alone and it lasted yonks. In the end I made Gary go back to his cottage for nights on end so I could practice being home alone.

Then he pushed off to Oz for 2 weeks- that pretty much confirmed that all was well.

Meg

Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Of course Bryan - with non sufferers I totally agree with you and looking at the rates of the victim of home crime - extremely rational too.

But add in the fear factor and although men still have their physical strength - they're just as vunerable to this.

Meg

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information