Thread: Migraine Aura

Migraine Aura

I've experienced aura 3 times (all in the last 2 years) and now I'm worrying about its implications. The last 2 times have been during or just after competitive sports - so I'm thinking the physical exertion may have triggered them. The first time, I was just having breakfast. I can control the headache with meds as soon as the aura starts, so that's okay - but omg I hate the aura! It's so scary. Even now I know what it is, it still makes me panic. Can't help thinking that something is wrong with me or that I'm going to have to give up my sports because of it. Stupid zigzag flashy things!!!

Re: Migraine Aura

I get migraines but no aura, usually after being dehydrated or upset. My Dad gets the aura and it comes from nowhere for no apparent reason.
    Maybe after sport you have not had enough water?
    The aura is scary but normal for migraine, some people get tunnel vision or flashing lights. If you take the meds in time they help/lie in a dark room.
    Hope it clears soon, and stay away from the computer, TV, mobile, DS etc whilst it happens or it will be worse.

I get the aura with my migraines and they are the most annoying part for me. It's scary but a lot of migraine sufferers have the aura

The first time I experienced one of these, I completely freaked out. I work in a hospital and I was heading down to the ER to get checked out when they started going away, thank goodness. I have had one other episode of this since then and now that I know what it is, I won't freak out, but it is still frightening.

I had migraines with aura (and sometimes aura with no pain) for fifteen years from the age of about 12 - I would get tunnel vision and horrible flashing lights, as well as numbness/tingling in my lips and my fingers. It scared me out of my mind until my doc told me what it was. Mine were usually brought on by stress (and some foods). I know it's horrible but please try not to worry, it's frightening but very common for migraine sufferers. I hope they get better for you soon.

Thread Information