Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dosage Increase

Re: Dosage Increase

Hiya.

To answer your questions I was put on 40 mgs Citalopram and 450 mgs Pregabalin in 2014 after suddenly suffering panic attacks.

I then switched to Sertraline 200mgs which was fab for a long while but then I just began to slide down very slowly.

I started taking Duloxetine on 26th December last year. Started on 30 mgs and upped to 60 now but still not feeling the love so the Quetiepine has been introduced and I have been referred for psychological counselling as my med prescriber thinks I may be suffering from complicated grief disorder. I have an appointment on Monday for that and a med review on 24/04 but I have called and left a message for my prescriber as I don't think I can stand myself for that long.

Quote Originally Posted by fergie752uk View Post
    To answer your questions I was put on 40 mgs Citalopram and 450 mgs Pregabalin in 2014 after suddenly suffering panic attacks.

I then switched to Sertraline 200mgs which was fab for a long while but then I just began to slide down very slowly.

I started taking Duloxetine on 26th December last year. Started on 30 mgs and upped to 60 now but still not feeling the love so the Quetiepine has been introduced
    Given you've needed to take the maximum doses of the two previous antidepressants to achieve a good result increasing the duloxetine dose up to the maximum 120mg would have been better than adding the quetiapine, imho. Some of us, e.g. me, need a lot of antidepressant to get a worthwhile response.

For some reason I can't fathom, it has become the fashion lately to throw an antipsychotic into the med mix at the first hint an antidepressant isn't working even while at low doses. Imho, it should be the very last thing tried.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    Given you've needed to take the maximum doses of the two previous antidepressants to achieve a good result increasing the duloxetine dose up to the maximum 120mg would have been better than adding the quetiapine, imho. Some of us, e.g. me, need a lot of antidepressant to get a worthwhile response.

For some reason I can't fathom, it has become the fashion lately to throw an antipsychotic into the med mix at the first hint an antidepressant isn't working even while at low doses. Imho, it should be the very last thing tried.
    It is the last thing you try to get you out the hole .i was rock bottom and olanzapine saved the day.

I'm on 600mg daily of Pregabalin, 225mg of Venlafaxine + diabetic medications

I was on 20mg of Olanzapine for about 4 years. But when I was in hospital my psychiatrist said that he didn't understand why my GP had even put me on that in the first place as it increases appetite and makes your blood sugar levels rise which was why I was such a badly controlled diabetic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleL View Post
    I'm on 600mg daily of Pregabalin, 225mg of Venlafaxine + diabetic medications

I was on 20mg of Olanzapine for about 4 years. But when I was in hospital my psychiatrist said that he didn't understand why my GP had even put me on that in the first place as it increases appetite and makes your blood sugar levels rise which was why I was such a badly controlled diabetic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    YES you are right its the worst med on the planet for weight issues, i only drop 5mg at night when sleep avoids me , but that dont seem to work now. i am ok with it i am not a diabetic, and it dont give me a food rush, but your gp should have known

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information