Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Success stories seem to go unrecognised!

Re: Success stories seem to go unrecognised!

I don't think moving will make much difference think we all just need to have a rethink of how we use the site. Like Nic says we should be congratulating people with success as encouragement to keep carrying on with their successes. It is so good to know that there is hope out there for us all.

Websites don't work that way. If lots of people aren't getting something, it's the problem of the website design, not the people.

When the first computer keyboards were invented, lots of the product testers kept making the same typing errors. All the testers blamed themselves, but the designer blamed himself. The designer figured out the common problems and moved the placement of letters on the keyboard so that fewer errors were made. And it worked.

If lots of people are making the same mistake, it's a design problem. You can't tell everyone to behave differently - it's much easier to present information to them in a way that's going to make it the obvious, easy, right thing to do.

I'm not complaining about the website by saying this - I just don't think you're going to have much success with the approach of telling people to be more observant on the forum.

Let me know if you need any UX help.

Perhaps its also just the nature of these conditions that can make people selfish. A lot of people might just look for support and reassurance on a specific problem to them and just see the success stories as something unattainable and maybe don't know what to say if they can't imagine feeling the same way? I know at times when I've been wrapped up in my own world I'm not very good at congratulating and encouraging others.

These are actually all really interesting insights... would be really interesting to do a user experience journey design for this website. Lucky person whoever gets the job

I don't tend to look at Health Anxiety threads that often because it's not within my experience so I don't know what to say. Maybe explaining somewhere some things to tell people who are suffering might be a useful thing to do. Although that probably already exists right? I just haven't found it yet?

I always wonder how many people have ever read the website articles on the lefts as well <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I think at times we have too many forums and sub-forums on here and as has been said before a lot just post in HA and the admins spend hours moving posts to the more appropriate forums.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi
    I'm new to this so could anyone tell me where you find the success stories on the site?
    Thanks

There is going to be a way to reorganise all this information, that would make it very easy for people to find things relevant to them and help others.

Also your user experience as admin is important too. It shouldn't be the case that you have to spend time moving posts around. There must be a better way.

Do you have any actual plans to change the website? Is there any scope to really do that? I don't imagine there's much funding kicking about? Do you think we could find a sponsor to help us redesign the website so it's easier to use? Do you think people even want that?

Fredone - success stories board -
    http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=20

lior - the sites getting an upgrade this weekend -
    http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=159297

Lior, not sure if you're aware but Nic's hubby Alex is the tecky behind the website and there is thread on the boards today re the new website that's been created and rolled out this coming Sunday. That may answer some of your questions anyway, just to let you know.

ISB

---------- Post added at 15:27 ---------- Previous post was at 15:26 ----------

Oops sorry, didn't realise Oosh had put up the links for it already

ISB

Quote Originally Posted by lior View Post
    There is going to be a way to reorganise all this information, that would make it very easy for people to find things relevant to them and help others.

Also your user experience as admin is important too. It shouldn't be the case that you have to spend time moving posts around. There must be a better way.

Do you have any actual plans to change the website? Is there any scope to really do that? I don't imagine there's much funding kicking about? Do you think we could find a sponsor to help us redesign the website so it's easier to use? Do you think people even want that?
    We have asked members to post in the relevant forums time and time again but it doesn't happen so we manually move the posts for now.

I am going to be asking for donations soon as we will need some money to upgrade the forum and we have already paid for a specific Word Press theme for the new website that is adaptable on mobile devices.

We also need a new chat room.

The website and forum are going to be separated when we move to the new server on Sunday.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information