Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sciatica

Ms concerns

Little background history I'm 26 male and I've had numerous go appointments regarding various isssues:
    Floaters
    Tingling
    Numbness
    Blurred vision
    Nausea
    Aching legs
    The last one being the one I'm most concerned about now , even first thing in the morning my legs feel like I've ran a marathon neaurlogists have told me it's just anxiety and so has my gp, but I can't get out of my head that my aching legs and neck are down to JUST anxiety? Please someone help :(

---------- Post added at 08:08 ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 ----------

Please someone reply :(

Re: Ms concerns

If neurologists say it's anxiety that's what it is - they know their stuff. MS presents in specific places as specific nerves are affected, it's counterintuitive but if it's all over and generalised like your symptoms it's a good sign.

MS was my fave HA disease to have from 1996-2008--off/on. I had three major meltdowns over it leading to three different neurologists and a litany of tests too. I didn't have MS and neither do you.

I'm 27 and I had all your symptoms and instead of your aching legs I had dizziness/light-headedness. I also had ringing in my ears.

My GP spent a good 30 minutes with me after previous constant back and fourth and that's when I told him what I feared. He categorically said and bet everything he owns that I don't have MS. I didn't believe him (HA in its finest form). He ended up giving me an MRI, purely to cure my anxiety not because of MS.

Guess what? Zero lesions. My brain was healthy. No MS.

Keep going to your GP and ask them to run bloods to put your mind at ease

Honestly, don't keep going back the GP until they test you. A neurologist and your GP have told you that you don't have it. What are you doing to treat the anxiety?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuatir View Post
    Honestly, don't keep going back the GP until they test you. A neurologist and your GP have told you that you don't have it. What are you doing to treat the anxiety?

Agree COMPLETELY

Getting uneccessary medical testing on a HA person is a waste of time. All it does IF it relieves your fear for _____ disease is allow your mind to move onto the next disease not covered by previous peace of mind testing. It only further entrenches the illness you actually have.

Cheers for the replies guys,I spoke to a neuro and he said the aching legs is only a symptom of ms once you've had ms for years and become immobile so I'm sure the aching legs is down to anxiety and build up of lactic acid and adrenaline

Backache!!!

Hi guys I have recently been suffering with backache from top of my back between shoulder blades and mid back and lower back basically all my back , I was terrified it was ankylosing spondylitis but docs said it's just because I'm 6ft 2 and work a desk job and my stress and anxiety has made it worse and it will go eventually but will take time, anybody else suffers with backache from anxiety?

---------- Post added at 08:18 ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Noworryjonny View Post
    Hi guys I have recently been suffering with backache from top of my back between shoulder blades and mid back and lower back basically all my back , I was terrified it was ankylosing spondylitis but docs said it's just because I'm 6ft 2 and work a desk job and my stress and anxiety has made it worse and it will go eventually but will take time, anybody else suffers with backache from anxiety?

Anybody please I'm really worrying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:55 ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Noworryjonny View Post

---------- Post added at 08:18 ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 ----------

Anybody please I'm really worrying

:(

Re: Backache!!!

I'm 29 and have had mid/upper back pain for years and I'm still alive. I've thought it to be a lot of bad things too. None of which have shown up or killed me yet.

Re: Backache!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Leah88 View Post
    I'm 29 and have had mid/upper back pain for years and I'm still alive. I've thought it to be a lot of bad things too. None of which have shown up or killed me yet.

What have the docs told you it is?

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information