Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Really struggling at the moment, need some support.

Eye Twitching and Brain Tumor?

HI All,
    I've had eye twitching now for 5 weeks ... it's driving me absolutely bonkers.
    I've seen my Dr whose said, 'ride it out.'
    I've seen an eye doctor whose checked my eyes and done tests and said,
    'Ride it out.'
    I've checked Google whose said, brain tumor, Parkinson, ALS, MS, hemifacial spasm or tourrettes.

After 5 weeks of a constant lower right twitch I'm starting to get fairly paranoid.
    Everyone I know has 3 or 4 days - not 5 weeks.
    Anyone else had it this long?
    I'm thinking of paying to go and see a neurologist myself if this continues.
    Surely it's not benign in nature if it's ongoing, it must be something serious.
    The stress of the eye twitching is debilitating ... I"m starting to really freak out.
    Any one?

---------- Post added at 05:34 ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 ----------

Anyone?
    Please .....

---------- Post added at 07:17 ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 ----------

ok, now I've just read that eye twitching can be a brain tumor, so now very paranoid!

Re: Eye Twitching and Brain Tumor?

Eyelid twitches can last for years and are almost always totally benign. It's also one of the most common signs of prolonged stress and anxiety.

If a brain tumour were causing this, it would be accompanied by other more severe symptoms.

I would try to relax a bit more, you'll probably find that the twitch will simply disappear in a while when you do.

I get them all the time. They can last for eeeks. Mine develop under the eye or on the eyelid. I find if I gently put my fingers on the twitch it goes. Sometimes just for a few minutes, other times for hours. I have no idea why.

---------- Post added at 19:33 ---------- Previous post was at 19:32 ----------

Oh for gods sake

weeks not eeeks

I still think that 5 weeks is a long time to have a twitch.
    it's slightly better but still twitching, even if I touch it, it twitches... is this normal?
    I figure if it's neurological that wouldn't happen.
    I have noticed I get a lot of words wrong, maybe brain tumor?
    I still think the worst, Parkinson or brain tumor?

I have suffered from an eye twitch in my left eye for years on and off, always put it down to anxiety to be honest. You can literally google any symptom and it will lead to an awful disease.

I also forget words when my anxiety is bad, try to relax and take your mind off of it.

I've had it mostly on (sometimes off) for 5 months now. Sometimes it's the left eye (mostly) but it's also in the right eye more recently. Some days I barely notice it at all. Other days it's jumpy. I freaked out reading everything online and finally stopped Googling. I think others on here have threads about their long-term experiences with this.....might be good to do a search. Hang in there!

I get a bad eye twitch whenever I'm stressed from work or going through an anxiety attack. Its most likely stress.

It's slowly getting better, but yeah you're all right of course.... stop worrying!
    I wish it was that easy....

Now I"m getting a cold :(

I still have it.
    I've concluded that it's either a brain tumor, MS or a hemifacial spasm.
    I"ve read that it could be ALS but this seems unlikely.

I"m kinda ok with m diagnose, I just need the bloody DR to get book me an MRI and I highly think that will happen.
    6 weeks of a constant eye twitch, it's unlikely to be nothing.
    I've taken every supplement under the sun, including tonic water and nothing has changed.
    I'm miserable, it's making me life miserable, I can't talk to people anymore, it's really thrown my confidence, I just want to know what's making it twitch!

---------- Post added at 21:41 ---------- Previous post was at 21:40 ----------

I've also go crawling sensations under my skin in my back too, so probably neurological.

Gosh you linked something very common to something very terrible, if twitches meant cancer nearly everyone in the world would have cancer. My grandmother passed away from brain cancer, a rare agressive form of it, it took her life in 6 months time aftwr diagnosis, twitches wasn't a symptom of hers, she was at the store one day and completely forgot where she was, good thing she remembered how to contact my mom and she was at the store she usually goes to so it wasnt hard to find her, she then went to the doctors and they first thought she was just getting old and having amnesia, but scans later showed a tumor in her brain, she started treatment and the tumor decreases in size but it wasn't enough so she lost her fight with it. What im trying to tell you is that you cannot take something as simple as a muscle twitch and assume youre dying, because if you do you will be worried the rest of your life, mine and my girlfriends eyelids have twitched for a couple of weeks at a time. Please dont worry yourself, if you start having difficulties remembering things and you start getting severe none stop headaches then take it more Seriously but until then enjoy your good health,and if a ete twitch is the price you pay for good health well thats not so bad is it? Live life my friend.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information