Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: arms: burning sensation / numbness / tingling / dead - heavy feeling

Re: arms: burning sensation / numbness / tingling / dead - heavy feeling

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
    Hi Dazo,

So what kind of tests did you have? I've had CT scan and a few MRIs as well as numerous blood tests. I've seen general doctors, cardiologists and neurologists.

Thanks.
    CT scan, MRI, lumbal punction, blood tests, emg and eng. Lots of tests for the heart too.

hi, ive had all the symptoms u describe and more! but in my legs, best way i could describe it to doctor was if you pinch yourself under the top of your arm, hard, well thats like the pain i have in my legs, and very blotchy. i became obsessed by what they look and felt like. i had mri scans blood tests everything, and all came back clear. like u, my therapist told me to stop coming on sites like this, and i did, but it didnt make any difference. 2 years on, my legs still hurt, but on the positive side, my doctor said if it was a nasty neuro disease, it would have certainly got worse by now! i think its amazing what the mind can do to the body. one day i had a really bad arguement with someone, and i suddenly noticed my legs didnt hurt anymore, it was like a miracle! I came to the conclusion that adrenelene make my legs hurt once i got rid of it, they stopped! A few days later they came back, hurting, burning blotchy etc. its made me think that anxiety and adrenelene have a lot to do with it, i have a agruement every now and then, just to see if it works again, but it doesnt, but something made them stop in the first place! When i first had this, i was convinced it was m.s. or some other nasty neuro disease, but now, im not so sure.
    If it was, would it go away after an arguement !!!!
    libbie

Had blood test results back.

All levels normal (calcium, potassium etc), but tested positive for a parasite: strongyloides stercoralis (apparently common here in the tropics) which can cause the symptoms that I have been complaining of.

Been given 3 day course of pills to get rid of them. Will see how I feel after the treatment to see if all the symptoms were due to the infection or anxiety. Fingers crossed that the pills will get rid of them all!

* A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single footstep *

* The only constant in life, is change *

Hi Dazz,

I have a very similar thing going on burning in the hands and arms.

Mouth has sores not painful, occasional dry mouth and occasional blood from the upper gum.

Eyes began to feel like hay fever but sitting inside a building. I have conjunctivitis in the mornings and soreness in the evenings.

Noticed weight loss from 87 to 75kg.

Occasional cramps in my feet, fingers, and numbness in the legs.

Strange feeling around my left ear. Like it had lite pimples.

Abdominal stabbing pains

Muscle pains mainly the lower and upper back and under the left shoulder.

A lot of fluctuation.

Most notably sudden cracking joints everywhere. Still, continues, really noticeable in the mornings.

Mild itchiness in various place on the bloody.

GP say's it anxiety and gave me pills.

Does any of the sound similar? BTW how are you doing?

I had also those tests as well and according to the doctor and the tests, I'm perfect.

I have also been to the Hospital for Tropical Diseases, they have does a single stool test and normal blood. They refuse to test for parasites other than a single tool.

How were you diagnosed?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information