Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Join Me!!!

Join Me!!!

Hi All,

I know we all suffer from panic/anxiety and depression. We all know that so what's new?

Today -- yes this very morning -- let's start off by brushing our teeth with the other hand --- Let's break the OLD OLD habits that produce the SAME SAME results -- walk a different way to work or just do ANYTHING to break your usual habit.

Lets take charge and and walk in a different manner -- shoulders back -- move with a purpose -- lets change our physiological state even if it's for only five minutes. Imagine turning a dial on your chest from 1 through to 5 so you can feel your whole body buzzing with the electricity of LIFE.
    We always ask ourselves "what's wrong"

Well -- how about we turn it around and ask ourselves "WHAT IS RIGHT" or WHAT COULD BE RIGHT??? if we wanted it to be.
    Give it a go and see how your mood improves.

Today is your chance to make today a MASTERPIECE. GO FOR IT

Any feedback, positive or negative would be appreciated.
    best wishes to all,
    Barry

Re: Join Me!!!

A very timely post!

I'm agoraphobic. I can drive, so was going to collect my dad and drop him off for a hospital appointment. However, the car battery is flat. So in less than an hour I am going to have to walk 1 1/2 miles down a busy main road past a college to his house to use his car.

OK shoulders back... I CAN DO THIS. I'm going to take control and just keep walking....

I'm sooooooooo proud of you.

Whilst marching -- a really good way to breathe is to inhale through your nose 4 times and exhale out of your mouth 4 times. This is done to a rhythmic 4----4 beat. Inhale 4 times -- exhale 4 times. You can also use your thumb to tap your other four fingers to the same rhythm as to your breathing 4-4 beat breathing pattern This stimulates the meridien lines in your body and will give you more energy. It is clinically proven to work! I promise.

Please let me know how much you enjoy your walk!

best wishes,
    barry

MAKE TODAY YOUR MASTERPIECE

Great Idea Barry,

Good Luck Maddie - you can do it!

I am going to home this evening and be happy and pleasant person and love my family the way I know I can

Buy some flowers or do something out of the ordinary --- do the washing up, anything --- let's use our imaginations and have FUN!!!!!!

Interesting, will try and do something different today, not sure what as of yet, but will let everyone know what I decide tomorrow!

This is a brillant post! Very inspiring. Well done you.

Munkey x

Dear Munkey,

Thank you so very much. Your kind words have made my day. Please read my previous thread entitled F.E.A.R.

Best wishes,
    Barry in Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinblack View Post
    This is a brillant post! Very inspiring. Well done you.

Munkey x

Hi Barry,

I read your other post. I think its brilliant your doing so much to help the others on here. People could learn alot from you!

And just incase your intersted my different thing today was to dance around my living room to broadway music (difficult with a dislocated knee but it kidna worked) Definatly lifted me up!
    Keep up the good work

Munkey x

OK - I DID IT!!!!

The trouble with busy roads is that you can't hear people walking up behind you. I had 2 terrifying, heartstopping moments as I was overtaken. I carried on, though - looked for birds in the trees, felt the wind on my face, challenged myself to get to the next lampost. I was totally out of breathe when I got to dad's but fortunately he was concentrating on his hospital appointment too much to notice. A cup of tea calmed me down. We're home now and I feel exhausted but pleased with myself.

I think I did well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information