Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shortness Of Breath - When Talking!

Re: Shortness Of Breath - When Talking!

Quote Originally Posted by mick_uk View Post
    Or they laugh just like you are!

Quote Originally Posted by Pru View Post
    Or they laugh just like you are!
    Bloody hell, the wink smiley looks like I have had a stroke, I shall be worrying about that all night now

how come anxiety causes this though? is it the tight chest muscles not letting the chest expand or what ,ive noticed when im eating it feels worse aswell aww hate it ,last night it was my lightheadedness and chest pains and again tonight its the breathing wish it wud end arghh so fed up!

Quote Originally Posted by cthechick84 View Post
    how come anxiety causes this though? is it the tight chest muscles not letting the chest expand or what ,ive noticed when im eating it feels worse aswell aww hate it ,last night it was my lightheadedness and chest pains and again tonight its the breathing wish it wud end arghh so fed up!

I just typed this up online and ehow says this: -

1. Symptoms

<LI id=jsArticleStep1 itxtvisited="1">Physical activities like walking or climbing stairs can cause a person to experience shortness of breath. Other people find it difficult to catch their breath when eating, talking or resting. The sense of feeling short of breath may be mild, moderate or severe. In certain cases, a person may even feel as if she is going to black out. Breathing may be slow, rapid or tight with shortness of breath coming on either suddenly or gradually. Talking can make breathing worse as the person feels as if she cannot get enough air. Breathing becomes faster or slower than normal, and can be painful. Shortness of breath may be accompanied by other symptoms such as feeling dizzy or lightheaded, especially when talking. Some individuals also report having a dry cough or feeling nauseous if they suddenly find that they cannot catch their breath while talking. Anxiety

<LI id=jsArticleStep1 itxtvisited="1">People who talk for long periods of time while teaching, reading aloud, working on the telephone, lecturing or addressing the public can sometimes find themselves becoming short of breath. Some individuals experience similar symptoms when they sing. This is especially true for people who breathe too fast through the mouth. Anxiety may be a contributing factor for other people, particularly for those who speak before large groups. While nervousness may not actually cause shortness of breath, it can make people talk faster. As a result, an individual may find himself breathing faster and deeper. If this is the case, making a conscious effort to slow down breathing and exhale fully can help. Even though anxiety may not be the direct cause of shortness of breath, worrying about what is causing the feeling can make breathing more labored when talking. Allergies/Asthma

<LI id=jsArticleStep1 itxtvisited="1">Allergic reactions can be responsible for causing shortness of breath when talking. As the bronchial tubes narrow, a person is unable to get enough air into the lungs. Adults not diagnosed with asthma until later in life often think they are simply out of shape. But if there is a family history of asthma and/or allergies, it is a good idea to get checked even as an adult. Frequently, parents of asthmatic children do not consider that they might have asthma themselves. Sounding out of breath to others when talking on the telephone could be a warning sign. Heart Disease

<LI id=jsArticleStep1 itxtvisited="1">A study published in a November 2005 issue of the New England Journal of Medicine identified shortness of breath as a possible symptom of heart disease even when a person has no chest pain. Researchers point out that even though many people tend not to think of shortness of breath as an indicator that something may be seriously wrong, it sometimes is the only symptom present in people who have other risk factors for coronary artery disease. When individuals do worry that shortness of breath may be the sign of a health problem, they tend to associate the symptom with lung disease rather than heart disease. Hyperventilation
    2. Hyperventilation, a condition characterized by abnormally rapid and shallow breaths, often occurs along with an anxiety or panic attack. The oxygen level in the blood rises, causing other symptoms such as chest pain and dizziness. It is not uncommon for individuals to have a fear of speaking in public. When people are nervous they tend to breathe with the chest rather than by pulling in the abdomen and exhaling through the nose. Acid reflux can also cause shortness of breath. In this case, pressure in the chest or digestive juices backing up into the throat can cause shortness of breath severe enough to make a person hyperventilate.

I dont mean to sound like a bitch but mick and pru please could you stay on the subject to this thread

Anything to do with anxious breathing is horrible cthechick84. The lightheadeness is connected to shallow breathing too. It's a matter of trying to control your breathing to a steady rhythm. Not easy when your anxious.

aw thanks hun for those ive had it for a while now and my docs have listened to my chest and said it was anxiety and hyperventialtion but its really strange the worst symptom ive had .keep telling myself that by now i would of had more trouble if it was frm anythnk other than the anxiety.just need to relax ;how are u feeling now? xx

i still cant breathe properly, every minute or so my breathing feels limited (very shallow) so i breathe inwards and it doesnt help atall im scared im just going to stop breathing im really scared

aww ruby hun hugs im exactly the same ,how long have u suffered like this? ive been gettin these breathing issues for like 3wks and had health anxiety and panic attacks for 2yrs so cnt understand why its only just came out the blue must b when the anxiety is extremly high .the more i focus on it the worst it feels .is urs constant allday? hope it will pass soon x

I see that I am 7 years late seeing This! Yikes!

Just curious how all this worked out for you as I am surly experiencing that right now!

Best Wishes and Many Thanks!

Paul

[/PHP]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby94 View Post
    Hey Guys ,

I really need some help because not only is this oh so very annoying its rather worrying for me too. Well i make videos on youtube what requires alot of talking, mainly health and beauty videos. I get in the middle of doing a video and suddenly my breathing feels shortenedAND i wont be able to get my words out properly because i have not enough breath to talk. Its not only making videos. If im talking or making a convosation with someone my breath shortens and it feels like i cant breathe inwards enough. Its really frustrating and worrying so please, can anybody help me? Could i have asthma?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information