Thread: Pulsating in back of head

Pulsating in back of head

Hi everyone

Now I know I'm stressed as I'm getting married on Saturday. As usual I'm having quite a few symptoms but one of the worst ones is a horrible throbbing feeling in the back of my head. It's sort of right in the middle and is a throbbing ache most of the time which I also have over the top of my head and in my forehead. It feels different to my usual tension headache. And what's scared me the most is that after I'd gone up two flights stairs yesterday, I could feel it really throbbing and pulsating. The sound was in my ears and the back of my head and down into my neck. It felt like something was going to burst. So it's scared me a little. After a few minutes it eased a little. I had it once before about a months or so I guess. Of course I'm thinking all sorts of horrible things.

I wondered if it could be my sinuses as I had a horrible cold last week and by this weekend was having a bit of an odd coloured discharge in the back of my throat but it's not too bad. And my nose isn't blocked too much. The headache was there from when I woke yesterday morning and I kept having to sit down as it was bothering me so much.

The pulsating really really scared me though. I was thinking my blood pressure must be through the roof. If feels worse with movement some of the time as though each step I take reverberates through my head.

Someone please tell me they've had this and it's normal, well at least nothing to worry about.

Hope everyone is well. I really want to enjoy this week. It's hard enough to deal with all the other stuff I have apart from this.

Jules

hi Jules,

I get the throbbing headache every once in a while. It is just caused by anxiety ans you have nothing to worry about though I know that it does sometimes feel like your head is going to explode. I'm sure that you will be fine by the time that the big day comes around and that you will so caught up in the moment, that you will forget about your anxiety..

Sarah

Hi Jules

I get this too, all part and parcel of lovely Mr Anxiety. You have a lot on your mind at the moment so you are bound to be anxious chuck.

Have a lovely day on Saturday, you will feel like a princess!
    Enjoy the rest of this week, many congratulations to you and your future husband

Take care

Elainex

Hi Jules,

Me too!

I get the sound of my heartbeat in my ears too, and the stiff neck, headache etc etc.

Congratulations on your marraiage. I hope you will both be very happy together

Jude xx

Be gentle with yourself....you just need some time to heal.

i got married xmas eve 2004 , congratulations on your forthcomming wedding , its probably added stress your getting at the moment causing these headaches, hopefully once the big day is done and dusted youll feel a lot better, if its not then try not to worry its a normal symptom of anxiety etc stick with us here we are a friendly bunch and there is loads of help and support to be had here, most if not all of the people here have expereinced or are experiencing the feeligns you are i promise it does get better its a case of understanding the anxiety, what triggers it and what works for you with regard to trying to keep it under control.

Love Sarah-Jane xxxx

Hi there

Good luck for Saturday. Try to keep positive about the feelings weddings are so stressful although mine was 14 yrs ago so dont remember alot of it thankfully now its the kids. If you are worried then get it checked out with your gp to reassure you. Dont make things worse and the anxiety worse by the what ifs. You are getting married and its a wonderful time so try not to be too stressed. by this time saturday you will be mrs ? and you will wonder what all the fuss was about.

take care and congrats

Janine

Re: Pulsating in back of head

Quote Originally Posted by jude View Post
    Hi Jules,

Me too!

I get the sound of my heartbeat in my ears too, and the stiff neck, headache etc etc.

Congratulations on your marraiage. I hope you will both be very happy together

Jude xx

Be gentle with yourself....you just need some time to heal.
    so what is your current status @jude

Thread Information