Thread: Join Me!

Join Me!

Hi All,

I have just finished reading a book called 'Join Me' by Danny Wallace. It's a very good and funny read and I certainly recommend it. Anyway, the basic gist of the book is that the author asked people to join him in performing random acts of kindness. To join you just send a passport photo and try to do a good deed every Friday - you become one of the Karma Army! There are more details etc at www.join-me.co.uk

You may be wondering what relevence this has to you...let me explain. You get a real kick out of doing something randomly nice for a complete stranger for no other reason than to bring some happiness into their lives. It gives you a feeling of worth, confidence and a boost to your self esteem to do something so simple that can make someone else's day. I think a lot of problems to do with depression, anxiety etc can stem from low self esteem and confidence and I thought this was a great way to give yourself a boost. I don't mean to make light of depression, anxiety etc - I know you might be thinking 'It'll take a hell of a lot more than that to help me'. But no drugs, no cost, no doctors...just making the world a better place and boosting your own esteem into the bargain. What do you have to lose?

Anyway sorry about the ramble (those of you used to my long silences in the chat room will be stunned ;^)). But check out the website and try and read the book if you can. I did and suddenly I feel like I have something to live for and I feel better about myself already.

Andy (Joinee Hobbs!)

does it not count if you do nice things to 5 ungreatful screaming children every day

at least 50 acts of kindness every day and countless selfless acts

does it not count if you know these brats.lol

only joking love me kids and will do a further good deed every friday if im not too exausted doing good at home

keep you posted andy

jackie

Thats awesome Andy ! And you're absolutely right, it does make you feel great when you're helping out , people yes, but that can apply for animals too.
    From giving a sandwich to a beggar or giving to a charity... Giving is truly rewarding.
    I am very glad to read that you're feeling better in youself, its great news. . I hope it carries on that way for you.
    Take care.

Florence.

*** Worry gives a small thing a big shadow.***

Thread Information