Thread: extreme tiredness

extreme tiredness

suffered dep/anxiety all my life and i dont take any meds as i cant tolerate the side effects of ante deps but now my dr wants me to try zispin 15mgs as she says they are more tolerable than other meds,but what i want to know as well is do anybody suffer from extreme tiredness after eating and just want to sleep my dr says that depression is the cause any advice ,thanks

Re: extreme tiredness

I can relate to the wanting to sleep. My weekend plans are always to hibernate. Zispin (mirtazapine) made me more tired, though the effects decreased over time (6 months). Hard to say what part made me tired: depression, anxiety, medication or is it just me?

I didn't notice it particularly being a problem after a meal specifically.

I guess the key thing is to make sure you are getting enough sleep in the first place. Then to try to make plans for as much as you feel up to doing for the rest of the time. It would be good if you have close friends or partner who you can explain to that you may need help motivating yourself, but at the same time to believe you when you say you're serious that you need a break. Easier said than done I know though!

Extreme tiredness is one of the symptoms of depression, as far as I remember. It's one of the symptoms by which I recognise that I am in danger of plummeting into a depressive episode. Then when I start taking medication, I find I cannot stop sleeping for a few weeks to a month, depending how bad I've got.

As an aside, and nothing to do with my depression (as far as I know) I did used to feel particularly tired after eating, particularly large meals which include meat or carbohydrates. Now when I'm working, I only have fruit and yoghurt for lunch, and that stops me feeling sluggish in the afternoon.

I get extremely tired at times with my depression and I still have to get up in the morning and go to university so what I try to do is when I know im having a depressive episode I go to sleep early to give myself extra time sleeping but I also have a nap throughout the day when I have finished univerisity or need a break from things. It tends to help me. I also take Citalopram and although its difficult getting through the 2 weeks of side effects after they are so worth it.. they help me alot.

At the time i couldnt put all the pieces together but now i'm starting to see they are all connected.

I was diagnosed with resistant depression and extreme anxiety. i never mentioned it to my doctor as i was so depressed etc but i had major tirdeness/fatigue. i could hardly get up to make a cup of tea.

so it does all go hand in hand, i now know that the tirdeness is something i need to watch out for as it is so closly connected to my depression and anxiety.

Hi, i also suffer from tirednes/fatigue and i do not know why. As a person i make plans then i just cannot be bothered and give up. I wish i had better will power.

I was looking for a forum on tiredness before I posted one myself. I am extremely tired at the moment although I don't sleep that well. I work full time and am studying a postgraduate course whist taking citalipram and proponalol. Has anyone on this forum found anything to help them and more importantly do you feel better at the moment? Cx

Hello bassman i think your doctor is write to some degree about the depression aapect but if you feel tired after eating maybe write down what foods you are eating and try to mix it up a bit in terms of food to see what you think are good and what affects you. xxx

Hi, I can sometimes get extremely tired after a meal, although different foods affect me in different ways. A big pasta meal, for instance, has the same effect as a tranquilizer dart on me and I struggle to stay awake. It may well be useful to analyze your diet and see which, if any, foods affect you more?

Mirtazapine will make you sleepy after taking it, so I used to take it before bed - it was great for sleep, I found it got me off in a very naturally-feeling way.

For the first few days of taking it it made me sleepy all day and quite groggy, but this passed and after that would only affect me at night time.

"What you resist, persists." - C. G. Jung

Thread Information