Thread: Nerve pain around tummy button

Nerve pain around tummy button

I have had this shooting nasty pain around navel intermittantly for past 9 months. I have had everything and more checked out. I do have spinal problems that cause me lots of pain - ddd in all of spine plus herniated discs and arthritis and have severe sacro illiac pain in lower spine first thing in the morning.

So far I have had full spine and head mri - ultrasound of abdomen( liver/kidneys/aorta/pancreas/spleen/gallbladder)and womens bits with hysterscopy/d&c/ biopsy and ovarian cancer blood tst- lots of blood tests to check liver/kidney/fbc/esr/rheumatiod diseases etc. I had my appendix out because of the pain and an exploratory op that looked at all my small and large bowel. gallbladder/liver/kidney and pancreas and all normal. I have had sigmoidscopy - recently had colonscopy as well.

I am having another mri of pelvis and sacro illiac region in 3 weeks.

A chiropractor says that the pain is referred from problems in my thoracic spine and you often get nerve pain that seems to have no relation to the spine as the nerves travel round and down you body.

My GP says there is nothing else left to check.

AS I am in pain every day somewhere from my spine I spend every day worrying myself silly that the pain is from something else that has been missed.

I hate health anxiety - I am at beg of CBT therapy.

Re: Nerve pain around tummy button

Forgot to mention that irritable bowel syndrome has also been mentioned a possible cause as this cannot be found as such its a diagnosis of exclusion and my bowel tests have all been normal.

AGain chiropractor says my damaged spine could cause ibs as the nerves to bowel come from spine??????

Thread Information