Thread: intrusive thoughts and ocd

intrusive thoughts and ocd

Hi everyone ,my wife has been suffering with intrusive thoughts for the past 4 years ,they seem to get worse during stressfull times ,we are at the moment going through a bad spell with them and im having to take time off work to be with her.we have tried many meds and are now on fluvoxamine 150mg per day,has anyone else used this and has it worked and at what dose ?im also looking for other people that have a partner with the same trouble to chat to for some support.She has recived cbt that did work but it seems to have stopped being effective

simon

Re: intrusive thoughts and ocd

It's good to know that your wife has an understanding husband. How nice. Intrusive thoughts are so tormenting at times so I really feel for her. Has she tried sertraline? I found this very good for obsessive thoughts. Also has your wife read any of the Claire Weekes' books about anxiety and it's various symptoms? This really helped me so much. Especially the chapter about repeated thoughts. It's all another symptom of anxiety or depression and doesn't mean anything deep-seated. Claire says that with these thoughts we try and see just how "mad" we really are, and how grotesque our thoughts can be. A pattern forms. Also stating that at the end of the day it's all down to an anxious mind - nothing more. Your wife is another normal, probably very sensitive person, suffering from anxiety. I hope that she can get some comfort and reassurance from this site, and yourself also.

Thread Information