Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: muscle spasms

muscle spasms

hi all - been feeling better over last month in terms of PA's, even though im still under a lot of stress at the moment......however, what i have been noticing is a real increase in my chest pains and also been havin lots of muscle and head spasms - like an electric shock thru your body. ive went to see the doc who just told me to duble up on my citalopram (10 mg at mo) which i dont really wanna do unless i cant sort this blip out myself
    antyone else had this kind of thing

Hi Darren
    I have exactly the same as this, Have just started taking citalopram,
    Have you tried Bach Flower remedies? I found these help
    Wendy

yeah, got some and they dont seem to work that well for me.......also got aconite and again, not that good for me!!!!
    thanks for the advice tho!!
    darren

I have had this in the past too. I think it is common but it will pass - well done for recognising it may just be a blip

Annie x

Darren

Try increasing your stretches and exercise and your active relaxation time.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hi Darren

Im on Citalapram as well - muscle spasms yes and little head shocks - I've had them. I get the little electric shock thing in my head when it's time to take the med.

With the muscle spasms itwill lusually happen when I am relaxing. These are just side effects nothing drastic.

Take care.
    Yvonne

Y Goble

Darren...
    My panic attacks just starting coming back recently, and what you have described was very similar to how they were coming back. A month ago I had a PA that lasted 3 days, and I had not meds...and when I tried to sleep my body and mind would jerk me awake, and it was frustrating, and scary. I was so so so tired, and wanted to sleep, but as soon as I felt my body and mind begin to drift off my body would physically jerk me awake..like a muscle spasm, and my mind would too. I was so jumpy, that every little noise made my heart feel like it was going to jump out of my chest. At the time this happened I had been off daily medication for 3 years. I was only taking clonazapam on occassion when I needed it. It is possible that you could be experiencing a side effect of your medication. I would highly suggest you go to google.com, and type in your medication name+ side effects. I did that with my medication and found out things about it I did not know about before.
    But for my experience, I was not on medication at the time....so it may be the PA, the medication,or maybe both.

hi all and thanks for the advice - however, not changed my meds since i started them (New Years Day) so not sure it is delayed side effects or anything.....havent had any PA's for a while, (which is fantastic) but still do feel anxious more than i normally would....so think its this - however, my spasms range from single "electirc" shocks or as i currently have, a "bubble" on my right side which just feels weird

anyone know any good techniques to help - try deep bretahing but always associate that with PA's so not always bets thing to do - distraction sometimes works but is hard as im tryin to sleep

thanks

Honestly..
    I like to have a glass of red wine, and sit back in bed and read my Harry Potter books (yeah...I am a Harry Potter fan...I know it is kinda cheesy!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information