Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brain eating amoeba from neti pot

Re: Brain eating amoeba from neti pot

Quote Originally Posted by anxietyisreal View Post
    Thanks everyone. Your replies are so helpful but even so I start to hamster wheel again... regardless, I’m relieved to be able to come on here for some comfort
    Np anxietyisreal yes that's normal as you are still in the HA cycle but there are ways to combat it and make it easier to deal with, these are the keys to success in getting better ATB

I am happy to report I didn't get the brain eating amoeba... I am completely out of the symptoms zone and feel quite relieved. I am going to a new therapist in about an hour and hopefully can get ahold of my anxiety. Thank you everyone for helping me!

I cant believe people are googling brain eating amoebas. Just cant believe it. The only place on earth I have ever read about this nonsene is on FMP. NOWHERE ELSE! Where do people google up this nonsene. First time I read about this in here I thought someone was trolling. Seriously
    Do you really walk around and talk about this nonsense to yur own family members and others? What about putting yourself in THEIR shoes and maybe....just maybe you realise how utterly beyond riddicilous this is instead of posting and extremely long post about this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by anxietyisreal View Post
    I am happy to report I didn't get the brain eating amoeba... I am completely out of the symptoms zone and feel quite relieved. I am going to a new therapist in about an hour and hopefully can get ahold of my anxiety. Thank you everyone for helping me!
    Well what can I say ar The told ya so gang just knew deep down that you were fine and not seriously ill please keep us updated on the new therapist front! I would be interested to hear more ATB

---------- Post added at 10:08 ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid-viking View Post
    I cant believe people are googling brain eating amoebas. Just cant believe it. The only place on earth I have ever read about this nonsene is on FMP. NOWHERE ELSE! Where do people google up this nonsene. First time I read about this in here I thought someone was trolling. Seriously
    Do you really walk around and talk about this nonsense to yur own family members and others? What about putting yourself in THEIR shoes and maybe....just maybe you realise how utterly beyond riddicilous this is instead of posting and extremely long post about this nonsense.
    Me neither! While there is this condition (it's very rare) I think some people (not saying this is the case on this thread!) probably get pleasure from posting extreme stuff like this on a public forum to see what attention they can get, hence you thought maybe a troll!! But there again who knows what the HA sufferer mind can think of, even in extreme cases you just never know. ATB

Well I guess water where yoh live is treated..so chances are low. There's quite a lot of plastic fragments in plastic bottles so they say..

I think you may have something similar to me Google induced Health Anxiety.

I live in a rural area with spring water. I boil the water for 5 or 10 minutes then allow to cool so its not too hot.

If I run out of sea salt I boil water with ginger, then once cooled down a bit chop 2 or 3 cloves of garlic into small pieces then leave in the saucepan, I like to wait for 15 minutes,you don't have to. I want all what's in the garlic to come out.

You can use a strainer and put it straight into the neti pot or bottle or put in another saucepan first. You don't want a clove up your nose,

It helps me with warm water, but still prefer saline salt. I sometimes combine them with sea salt.

After you finished, swollow the garlic and ginger with a mug of water...it's good for you and you wont tastd the garlic much..

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBlue252 View Post
    Well I guess water where yoh live is treated..so chances are low. There's quite a lot of plastic fragments in plastic bottles so they say..

I think you may have something similar to me Google induced Health Anxiety.

I live in a rural area with spring water. I boil the water for 5 or 10 minutes then allow to cool so its not too hot.

If I run out of sea salt I boil water with ginger, then once cooled down a bit chop 2 or 3 cloves of garlic into small pieces then leave in the saucepan, I like to wait for 15 minutes,you don't have to. I want all what's in the garlic to come out.

You can use a strainer and put it straight into the neti pot or bottle or put in another saucepan first. You don't want a clove up your nose,

It helps me with warm water, but still prefer saline salt. I sometimes combine them with sea salt.

After you finished, swollow the garlic and ginger with a mug of water...it's good for you and you wont tastd the garlic much..

It is not "low". It is ZUB ZERO NONE! You are giving a rational answer to a totally irrational question.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information