Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Still worried about throat cancer

Re: Worried about throat cancer

I don't even have tonsils and I managed to get tonsillitis! I had them out when I was 10 years old, but apparently "remnants" left from the scar tissue can grow back. Lovely.

I'm sure you will be okay. Is it reassuring to you that you have been through something similar and all was okay?

Quote Originally Posted by hazelbritt View Post
    I don't even have tonsils and I managed to get tonsillitis! I had them out when I was 10 years old, but apparently "remnants" left from the scar tissue can grow back. Lovely.

I'm sure you will be okay. Is it reassuring to you that you have been through something similar and all was okay?
    Yeah I've heard that's pretty common! Someone said to me they now get lingual tonsillitis after a tonsillectomy, so it effects the ones down the throat instead.

Somewhat reassuring yes, but I don't remember ever having this many symptoms back then. That time it was mostly GI related, my stomach was constantly gurgling, I had diarrhea followed by constipation, blood "down there" after going, and was worried sick I had Colon C. But then for some reason my right ear popped and it bled too.

The doctor back then said "you've got a hemorrhoid" and also diagnosed me with a virus too. He mentioned "hey your tonsils are inflamed" and I just said that was nothing new.

The main thing I don't remember having back then was night sweats, but I can't remember. It was around 8 years ago. If I could remember that I did, it would be re-assuring, but anxiety could be causing them too.

Dentist appointment is booked anyway, so hopefully they'll spot anything off in my mouth. Perhaps waiting for 12 months to see the ENT is worrying.

Hope your thing goes well for you tomorrow! Just noticed your other thread, i'm sure you'll be fine!
    Last edited by ThroatGoat; 16-05-18 at 15:52.

I didn't even realise there was such a thing as lingual tonsils! That's a new one on me. I've just looked it up, and now wondering if I have some inflammation there which may be causing some of these symptoms (the throat pain, throat clicking and ear pain??)

Thank you for the well wishes tomorrow. I hope it goes well. Annoyingly the stomach pain, which is the original reason I was having the endoscopy done, is affecting me this afternoon after not being a problem for the last 6 weeks! I had been feeling reassured that there probably isn't anything going on in my stomach after all, but now with this stomach pain coming back on I'm not so sure. Rationally thinking, it makes sense that it's probably just anxiety related as I'm having a very anxious day today.

I didn't even realise there was such a thing as lingual tonsils! That's a new one on me. I've just looked it up, and now wondering if I have some inflammation there which may be causing some of these symptoms (the throat pain, throat clicking and ear pain??)

Thank you for the well wishes tomorrow. I hope it goes well. Annoyingly the stomach pain, which is the original reason I was having the endoscopy done, is affecting me this afternoon after not being a problem for the last 6 weeks! I had been feeling reassured that there probably isn't anything going on in my stomach after all, but now with this stomach pain coming back on I'm not so sure. Rationally thinking, it makes sense that it's probably just anxiety related as I'm having a very anxious day today.
    Me neither until recently! Apparently there are more than one set. Plus the adenoids whatever they are. I wonder if it could be my problem too... I have had some tonsil stones, but they've only been super tiny ones.

No problem! I guess because you're focusing on that area that the symptoms are showing up in that region? Could be a great example of anxiety causing the physical symptoms to crop up I hope.

Throat pain after endoscopy?

Has anyone else experienced a severe sore throat after having an endoscopy?

I had my endoscopy on Thursday, with throat spray and sedation. I felt fine afterwards. It wasn't until Thursday night that I could feel my throat beginning to hurt during my sleep, and on Friday morning I awoke with a very bad sore throat. I also had body aches and over the course of the day developed a fever.

Saturday I still had a fever on and off and the throat pain continued. I've been managing it with paracetamol and ibuprofen, throat lozenges, ice lollies, but it's been relentless.

The fever stopped on Sunday, but I'm still experiencing a very sore throat. It's now Monday morning. When I first woke up, I hacked up some blood which freaked me out.

I'm going to see my GP this afternoon. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience?

Re: Throat pain after endoscopy?

Has anyone else experienced a severe sore throat after having an endoscopy?

I had my endoscopy on Thursday, with throat spray and sedation. I felt fine afterwards. It wasn't until Thursday night that I could feel my throat beginning to hurt during my sleep, and on Friday morning I awoke with a very bad sore throat. I also had body aches and over the course of the day developed a fever.

Saturday I still had a fever on and off and the throat pain continued. I've been managing it with paracetamol and ibuprofen, throat lozenges, ice lollies, but it's been relentless.

The fever stopped on Sunday, but I'm still experiencing a very sore throat. It's now Monday morning. When I first woke up, I hacked up some blood which freaked me out.

I'm going to see my GP this afternoon. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience?
    If you had biopsies taken you will be sore for a while. The other option is that you have a caught a virus.

Re: Throat pain after endoscopy?

Thank you for your reply, WiseMonkey. I don't think there were any biopsies taken.
    It turns out that I have tonsillitis again + require another round of antibiotics.

Still worried about throat cancer

Hey guys,

I'm still feeling quite concerned about my throat. I've been having a sore throat and ear pain for over two months now. During this time, I had two episodes of tonsillitis during which I had severe pain and antibiotics helped to resolve this. However the sore throat with ear pain started about a month before I got tonsillitis, and now it's been 9 days since I stopped antibiotics and here I am still struggling. For a few days in the past week the throat and ear pain seemed to lessen, and I was only anxious about the back of my tongue feeling strange/strained. But now for the past two days the throat pain and ear pain are back and very sore. The pain in my throat seems localised to the left, and hurts more when I swallow. Ear pain on the same side, but sometimes in my right ear as well.

This along with the clicking sensation I've had for several weeks now, and my voice sounding weird every once in awhile had got me feeling panicky :(

Re: Still worried about throat cancer

I've also been noticing something weird going on with my voice. Every once in awhile, it seems to have this high frequency thing going on, as if there is a high pitch layer on top of my normal voice. If I clear my voice, it goes back to normal.

Re: Still worried about throat cancer

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information