Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Update on misreading words and brain tumor anxiety

Re: Throat cancer possible in non smoking 22 years pod?

I'm a Stage 4a Head and Neck cancer survivor. Non-smoking, non-drinking 22 years old? Just had the flu?

Nope! No chance.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you. But what could that be though?

A sore throat as part of your flu bug. Or maybe a throat infection. It sounds like you had a cold rather than flu anyway, due to whatever you had only lasting 3 days.

I feel like I'll soon find out that I'm really sick

I'm a 22 years old nonsmoking male.
    First it started with a colon cancer scare, which luckily turned out to be a benign polyp after a colonoscopy. After a month free of anxiety, I suddenly developed a new one - brain tumor. I was convinced that I have a brain tumor because of not feeling right for some time, but that passed and I realized that I'm probably fine.

However, since a week I've got a new anxiety which is more physical than the brain tumor symptoms. A week ago I had a flu, after 3 days it passed, but I felt like there's something stuck on the right side of my throat. Even when I swallowed, it felt like everything went along the left side of my throat. Anyway, after coughing a lot and drinking water, the feeling of something being stuck passed, but I kept coughing the next few days. Yesterday I also had my first ever heartburn after eating chocolate. Then while I was at work the feeling of something sharp when swallowing was there again, in the same place just below my Adam's apple on the right. I guess it might be a sunflower seed shell because I ate those a week ago, and I ate them kinda carelessly and kept swallowing those shells by accident. Today when I woke up I felt a little nauseous but I guess that's from anxiety. I also felt burning behind my right shoulder blade. I don't really know what to think anymore. I called an ENT today and I'm having an appointment tomorrow, and I'm really scared. I'm thinking about outcomes and that's what I came up with:

1) she tells me that it's something benign and that it'll pass with/without medication
    2) she tells me that she sees something malicious and I'll probably die soon
    3) she tells me that she doesn't see anything and refers me to other doctors, who eventually find out that I have a brain tumor or cancer

Help

Re: Update on misreading words and brain tumor anxiety

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthr...56#post1760556

Please read the below post from Admin. You are posting about a lot of different things frequently. Perhaps start a thread where you can keep all of your worries in one place.

Can posters, especially those who are posting a lot about a variety of fears please confine their posts to one thread.

This helps others to build up a clear picture of what is happening and makes it easier to offer suitable advice.

You may not see the pattern but usually it is there, especially if you are posting frequently about different things.

Your co-operation with this would be greatly appreciated.

Elen

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information