Thread: Scared of brain tumor

Scared of brain tumor

Hello I have recently turned 30 Years old white male and seem to be in decent shape. About 11 Months ago to a year I started to get a right eye twitch and pressure headaches. Not so much throbbing headaches but more so like a band was around my head causing me to think possible fluid or something was in there. Again I don’t know I’m not a doctor. Anyways a few months went by and the symptoms went away about 4 months ago they have came back starting with the eye twitch and head pressure now I’m feeling pins and needles in my body. Eye pressure and spasms as well on my leg and face all seem to be on the right side too. When I lay down at night sometimes it’s hard to breath and I get anixety about it and make myself go crazy that something is slowing killing me. I’m a father of a young boy and need to be there for him. So far I have only been for a physical which by the way said I needed to lower my cholesterol but not to the point that I need medication and blood sugar was elevated but not diabetics. Keep in mind his was about two months ago. Symptoms have gotten worse. However I do have to add that while I was on vacation with my family for about a week I had no issues at all. I am on allergie meds for unknown allergies and nasal spray as well acid reducer for my reflux and weak stomach. But these facial and leg spasm as well as the constant head pressure drive me Nuts. I do have sinitis and nose issues but I’m not convinced it’s related. My boogers all seem to be bloody too which is very scary...My wisdom teeth do need pulled and do give me issues from time to time too but not sure if that’s causing some of this too. Please any advice or peoples input would mean the world to me!!!! These past two days I’ve felt unable to breath all day because of this I’m assuming. These spasm on my head and face are killing me!!!!My course of meds from my GP isn’t working. HELP
    Last edited by Dmv1987; 13-04-18 at 17:55.

Re: Scared of brain tumor

Hello,
    Sorry that your anxiety is tough right now. All the clues to what is wrong with you are in your post.
    You just need to get control on your anxiety. There is loads of material on this site that will help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if it'll be much relief for you, but I can say I've experienced those sorts of symptoms as well - I don't actually seem to get headaches anymore, and they weren't the pressure-y sort (they terrified me because they were sharp pains in a single spot on my head for months), but I always experience twitches all over the place at random intervals.

I had 'brain issue' fears for moooonths, and most of my 'symptoms' also seemed to trigger on one side. Right now those have been replaced with other fears, but something will occasionally trigger them again. I also have wisdom teeth issues, and have had blood noses all my life. (Though, I can't say it's normal for your mucus to be bloody constantly, unless you sinus issues are quite bad.) Would regularly get pins & needles too, mostly in my hands for no good reason.

So I don't know if it's any consolation at all, but the twitching and hard-to-breath symptoms especially sound like the anxiety I get. Eye-twitches are especially common if you're tired. Anxiety can also cause all sorts of horrible headaches. I actually get pressure headaches with sinus attacks, though they're not regular.

Do you think the vacation distracted you from the symptoms? I know it's a generic answer but many of the symptoms can be caused by anxiety, for sure! Have you explained to your GP these particular concerns? Are you able to list all your symptoms out for them on a piece of paper or something? Are you able to see a second GP to get a second opinion? Would you be willing to seek therapy for health anxiety?

I think you're okay, friend, but I still urge you to make sure you voice all your concerns to your GP if you're this worried about them. They can definitely say more than us. And I know people are scared of misdiagnosis, which is why I also recommend second opinions, if you can - I feel like it can be more reassuring that way.

Take care, okay? 0w0 )/

Look into getting a cool mist humidifer, the air in your home maybe dry or you may have allergies,

Thread Information